“Terrible Food and service”
Review of Trattoria Rustica

Trattoria Rustica
Ranked #20 of 178 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2010

What a mistake to take my wife to this restaurant.
The food was poorly prepared, besides terrible service.
We are Italian and prefer Olive Gardens food over this.
Both are not good.
I would not visit this restaurant, as it is expensive and sub-par

Reviewed October 12, 2009

We were in the Pittsfield area on Saturday and had dinner at the Trattoria Rustica. We had a reservation for 5:00 p.m. and when we arrived there were only 2 other tables occupied. All of the waitstaff was standing around at the bar. We wanted to order drinks and relax a bit but the waiter moved us along -- asking us to place our order when we ordered drinks--the restaurant was more than half empty....We had to ask 3 times to have our water refilled, we were not asked if we would like another drink with dinner, and the when pasta dish was served and the waiter immediately left. We asked for more bread and two pieces were brought with no oil. For a relatively pricey restaurant the service is absolutely terrible. The waitress who was to refill water, etc. had an attitude. A diner at the next table asked for an adjustment to a menu item and was told "no". I would never go back and would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank TaylorUpstate_NY
Reviewed October 1, 2009

At first you will be impressed by the atmosphere, but do not let that fool you!

My wife ordered the eggplant. We know that the waitress got the correct order, because she even suggested a wine that goes well with eggplant. When the food arrived, they brought my wife a big fish with a head on it, certainly not eggplant. When we told the server that it was not what she ordered, she said that we could either take the fish or get a salad because the eggplant would take too long for the to make. So there is my wife eating a "salad" which is just a bowl of greens. I got the swordfish which was very good, but much too meager a portion for $30, especially for an Italian restaurant.

When to bill arrives, we notice that they have charged us for the salad. The least they could have done is comped us the $8 salad, considering the problems they caused. The bill came to $70 which was large considering that one of us had a salad. Feeling generous, I tipped 10% and paid $77 which was more than I should have. The next day I checked my credit card and they charged $84. I guess the waitress decided that she deserved more than I gave her and gave herself 20%. We are currently in the process of reporting them to the credit card company because they tried to steal a lousy $7. What a hassle! Please save yourself the trouble. There are plenty of other nice restaurants in Pittsfield.

1  Thank MovingToAlbany
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and I went to this restaurant on our seventh wedding anniversary because we had gotten a recommendation. From the beginning, the hostess/server was cold and unfriendly however our waitress was quite pleasant. The hostess/server actually was perplexed and irritated that we asked for parmasean cheese to have with our eggplant appetizer which was already a bad sign. Then after getting our entrees my wife asked for some more tomato sauce because her baked ziti was very dry. Mind you the ziti was around 23 dollars! Again the hostess was aggrevated and said, I'll have to check with the chef but I don't think so. She later came back and said it would be EIGHT DOLLARS and take TWENTY MINUTES because it had to be made from scratch for us! At that point the night was ruined and we just paid the bill for some ungodly reason and told the nice waitress that we were very dissapointed with this treatment by the owner and hostess. She tried to appologize but we never were given compensation for our anniversary disaster. The owner never tried to speak to us either. The "hand made" ziti was terrible and the ravioli were mediocre at very high prices! Wouldn't go back for free..............

1  Thank jamkapy
Reviewed August 5, 2009

...When the reservation is at Trattoria Rustica.
We had been here once before and enjoyed the meal. About a year later we made a reservation and were looking forward to another meal there. About 3 hours before our reservation we got a call from the restaurant from someone who told us that they had to cancel our reservation. We got same lame excuse that didn't make sense. We have not tried to make another reservation and do not intend to. Very snooty people there!