“Very nice, tiny, cozy, dark restaurant”
Review of Trattoria Rustica

Trattoria Rustica
Ranked #19 of 176 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were told this restaurant was excellent and it was very good. The menu was very upscale and small. Some foods were not to my taste but we enjoyed our meals. I had asked to switch one side vegetable for another and was accommodated.

1  Thank Sophie S

Reviewed August 12, 2013

After many restaurants were closed, we stumbled apon this one. Bad choice. The food was good, nothing special. But the service was indescribably awful. Our waiter accidentally stepped on my foot, with his hard as a rock dress shoe. It swelled up. He appologized but ran off. When I asked to speak with the manager, they said that he was the cook and he was tired and didn't want to come out, he never comes out. The owner was "busy" but finally came out. Their side of the argument got dumber and dumber. The waiter said that his foot was busted, so he didn't care that my foot was too, because "it's life, things happen". I argued that I got injured in their restaurant, therefore they should be responsible, or at least pay for my meal. The waiter said "oh you most certainly are paying for your meal. You're lucky we even let you in here past closing!" (They let others in after us). I refused to pay, and then he threatened to call the police. He eventually slammed the check into the table and yelled "get out of my restaurant. GET THE HELL OUT OF MY RESTAURANT!" I have never been kicked out of a restaurant in my life. This is the worst restaurant I have ver gone to. Never ever eat here.

5  Thank Hazel T
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We took friends visiting from out of town and the four of us all had something different. The veal was tender and delicate, the bass was seasoned perfectly so as not to take away it's flavor, the shrimp and scallops perfectly cooked, and the risotto as good as if it were prepared in Italy. We shared a dessert because we were all too full and it too was wonderful. This particular evening we chose to have dinner out in the garden and that made the whole visit just perfect. Will definitely return again and again.

1  Thank Manatee1965
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Food was bad, service was worse. Waitress argued with us as to whether food was cooked properly. My wife's fish was so full of bones it was inedible, despite the waitress's protest that all the bones had been removed in the kitchen prior to being served. When we protested the bill that included service (20%) the manager asked if we were threatining him ! To top it all off, the manager then proceeded to pad the bill after we left
This restaurant should be avoided at all costs. Last time I go near this place.

3  Thank Nanette W
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have bed a regular at this restaurant for the last three years. We went back recently and were so very disappointed. The waitress forgot to bring my appetizer. When I did remind her it was well after my husband finished his ( I couldn't find her any earlier). She didn't ask if if I was still interested in having it, she just brought it out, so my husband had to sit and wait while finished my appetizer. We both order the evening specials. My husband order the roast chicken which came out undercooked and I order the tuna special. When the waitress served my order she said that " the chef suggests that you let it sit awhile". Very strange ! The tuna was also undercooked ( I like it rare, but this was raw) bland and stringy. Certainly not quality tuna. We immediately returned the chicken, but had no time to reorder as we were going to a play that evening so my husband, under duress, ate the tuna (yuck). When we got our check, the waitress had the nerve to say that the chef was not charging us for the chicken!! Really??? Never again!!

2  Thank vacationer048