“Overpriced ”

District Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: District Kitchen & Bar, nestled amidst the bucolic Berkshire HIlls, serves contemporary American cuisine with gastropub influences. The surrounding region boasts a rich food and agricultural culture of which the restaurant takes full advantage by offering an ever-changing seasonal menu showcasing locally sourced ingredients. District takes food seriously, preparing all food in-house and to-order according to the culinary whims of executive chef Taylor Hitchcock and his talented support staff. Sister restaurant to PUBLIC eat+drink located 20 miles north in North Adams, District prides itself on not only serving great food but also offering excellent, warm service and a top-notch beer, wine, and cocktail program. The restaurant features a rotating selection of craft beer, a carefully curated wine list, and an inventive, seasonal cocktail list prepared with care and consideration of classical mixology techniques. Join us for a great meal and a well-mixed drink.
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was across the street from my hotel so I thought I’d try it. Big mistake! The pad Thai was extremely spicy, almost unpalatable. The Malbec I ordered was awful.... and the total bill was almost $38! $11 for a glass of crappy wine and pad Thai with shrimp for $27! Will not be back.

3  Thank Llamafocs

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Awesome all around! Great selection, nice atmosphere, friendly waitstaff, and delicious desserts as well.

2  Thank Sue D
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Staying in Lenox for the night, on our way to Boston. District was up the road about 10 minutes. Caitlyn was our wait person, very nice and helpful. We had Mussels, salad with grilled salmon, grilled cheese and French fries. All was excellent. You must try the blueberry, rhubarb dessert, it was soooo good.
Nice atmosphere, fun art on the walls.

2  Thank Susan515796
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

The only ding is it gets loud on Fridays and Saturdays and you may wait. The restaurant is small but charming.

Service excellent. We have had Katlyn a few times. No rush and great timing/ flow of courses.

We were there with another couple introducing them to the restaurant. They have sophisticated pallets from international travel. Every dish from appetizers to desserts were discussed and deconstructed for their brilliant twist.

Every visit we start with the PEI mussels. Perfect to share and filled with a broth contain kayle and sausage. Last night we also ordered a mushroom soup which had three different kinds of mushrooms. It did not look like any mushroom soups we have ever had, and the taste was terrific. Its complex blend of ingredients was greeted with a look and utterings of wonder as to how wonderful the dish was.

For main courses, I had the brie burger with a slaw substitute for a slight upcharge since I was avoiding fries and the bread. I also chose a side of the homemade bread and butter pickles. It was the best burger meal I have ever had.

As for the other dinners they included a salmon with a side that my wife fell in love with. They tend not to cook the salmon too much so as for it better prepared if that is the way you prefer it.

Our guests enjoyed a risotto with shrimp that had truffle oil. Their other dish was the stuffed peppers appetizer. These guests primary residence has been NYC for many years. They are familiar with the best restaurants the city has to offer. They were dumbfounded that where they have owned a second home, they didn't know that the District existed.

Well, dessert was not missed and we ordered the daily changing flavored creme Brule. In addition the rhubarb, cream and shortbread was ordered. It was all delicious with subtle flavor accents like lemon flavor in the cream.

Everything, including some wacky IPA took a position as a winning item you are lucky to have in one meal anywhere else. I warn you, do not expect to replicate what I have written about because they switch most of it constantly with more greatness.

If you decide to go, say hi to Kaitlyn from Derrick and get ready for a meal to remember. Oh, did I mention that their prices are very reasonable and they have a community table in the front.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank 934derrickh
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

This place was awesome; new style hip bistro/kitchen. The light setting is very dark and romantic; very small place making it a friendly dining experience. My fiancé and I shared multiple plates and our server was great at staggering all of our food! Great place!

Date of visit: April 2018