“Flavorful, inventive, enjoyable fresh Italian-the Berkshires' only Chef's tables!”

Elizabeth's Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #10 of 171 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ventura, California
“Flavorful, inventive, enjoyable fresh Italian—the Berkshires' only Chef's tables!”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

What a delight!! It took me far too long to get around to trying Elizabeth's. I had heard about its amazing food, great character, and four kitchen or "chef's" tables (there are also 12+ tables upstairs in the dining room), and for some reason always chose the wrong day to go. We found it hard to get a table in the past. This is always a good thing.

My wife and I took her parents to Elizabeth's on New Year's Eve 2009, (I called just as another table of 4 had cancelled at the exact time that we needed!), and we were absolutely delighted. The service was charming and the chef spent time with us explaining the menu and the specials. The staff dressed casual and the decor was nothing in particular, but the food was 100% of the reason to be there eating until we were ready to burst. The bread and salad are absolutely all they are hyped up to be, and the wine list was simple and accessible (no to mention affordable.) The food was perfectly delicious. We sat in awe, at our own craziness for not trying this restaurant yet in the 6 years we've lived in the Berkshires.

We will definitely go back, regularly, and we will be recommending Elizabeth's to everyone.

The superb meals we had were the Baked Rigatoni special (a chicken stock infused pasta with huge chunks of roasted free range chicken, a nice marjoram and creamy sauce); the home-made pure lamb sausage over baked crunchy rice (with spicy peppers, onions, and moroccan spices, topped with yogurt and coriander)—both specials for NYE 2009, and Lizzies Lasagna, a nice delivery of a menu staple. I also had a cream of tomato soup that was incredibly inventive with summer corn and mild curry. It was awesome. I almost ordered a second bowl. The things we ordered sound very creamy, rich and heavy, and they were, special New Year's concoctions prepared to make the evening very special. the rest of the menu looked like there were many meat and vegetarian options, many of which sounded very light and seasonal.

Give Elizabeth's a try, you won't be disappointed!!

2 Thank Todd-e-bones

Boston, Massachusetts
“Gem in a bizarre location”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

3 times I've eaten with a group here, and each time has been outstanding. The food quality and preparation are amazing, plus huge quantities to boot. Attentive and friendly service - helps to have the kitchen essentially inside the dining room!
Price is eminently fair considering the quality and quantity.
While the location is a bit weird - on an access road and near nothing - Elizabeth's is certainly worth the trip.

Boston, MA
“Glad I tried Elizabeth's”
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I visit Pittsfield for family reasons and grew up in the local area ... this restaurant intrigued me as it is in the place of family bakery that I grew up with and loved. I've driven by and kept telling family we need to try it. Well, I finally had the opportunity this past Saturday evening. There were only two of us and we arrived just after 5:30 for an early dinner. Well, we were lucky and got a table as long as we knew we needed to be done by 7 PM ... we had not make reservations and they are needed. It was easy to see from the crowd how popular the place is and mostly "repeat" diners!!! I can only say that the food was excellent. We had lasagna and the eggplant and both reminded me of dining in Italy! The flavors were just outstanding ... they really hit your taste buds! The salad and bread that are part of the meal price were both excellent. We did not have dessert but just coffee. I'm glad we tried it and would go back for the food. If you are looking for atmosphere, don't go here ...but if you just want a casual place with very good food, then give it a try. Also, the menu is not extensive but provided enough variety to please me and my guest. All meals are $19.50 and include salad/bread. So if you're not looking to spend that much... dont' bother. It is about the flavor and I've visited Italy 3 times ... the flavors compaired!

1 Thank Vacations from Boston
Tampa Bay, Florida
“The Italian restaurant gem of Pittsfield”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Quirky and unexpected, Elizabeth's has been serving exceptional food for 20 years. I agree with a previous reviewer- the decor is a blah, the furniture feels cheap, and the waitstaff isn't very well dressed...BUT...this is as good as Italian food gets in Pittsfield. The menu changes with the seasons, and everything I've had here was fresh, creative, and wonderfully tasty. My roasted mushrooms and penne was great- caramelized onions accompanying a large assortment of mushrooms in a garlicky, olive oil sauce that looked as good as it tasted. The current menu is completely vegetarian but the specials included veal, chicken, short ribs, and salmon. The big surprise was the bagna caoda appetizer, seldom seen on Italian menus (especially in this neck of the woods). This is not a family restaurant, but my 10 year old enjoyed her children portion (for $3.99!) of penne and tomato sauce. She wasn't impressed with the crusty sourdough bread or the lack of soda (they do have specialty bottles of soda but not the usual fountain stuff)...but these are the things that keep me coming back.

Belmont, Massachusetts
“Elizabeth has great food (no Pizza)”
Reviewed December 19, 2008

Contrary to the Trip Advisor description, this is not a Pizza place, however Tom serves great salads and a variety of other dishes, however no pizza.. The food never disappoints. Tom spends money on food not decor, so go for the food, relax and have great dinner in simple surroundings. Remember Tom does not accept plastic. Bring cash.

2 Thank BelmontMike