“Love the theatre and the work”
Review of Colonial Theatre

Colonial Theatre
Ranked #6 of 28 things to do in Pittsfield
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If for any reason you don't like whatever production you see, you will love the architecture and history of the building. However, there's so much wonderful serious performing arts and entertainment year round.

2  Thank SLCohen
in 3 reviews
"wine"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stadium seating was great. Seats very comfortable. As out of towners, definitely a cute little theatre we'll be back to next time.

2  Thank jae00004
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to the Colonial last night to see Jim Breuer perform. The first floor had sold out so I purchased tickets in the balcony. "Big mistake"
I'm 6'1" and 235 lbs. My knees stuck into the seat in front of me. Horrible!
Never again. As for the comedy, that was horrible as well. The opener was a no name who was offensive and not funny. That's like going to dinner with a chef that can't cook. As for Jim Breuer, his material was poor at best and used Juvenile slap stick to compensate for lack of funny material.

1  Thank foodman60
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and i visited this theater to enjoy an amateur production of a Christmas Carol. The quality of the performance was most surprising in light that we are used to Boston Theaters and more professional productions. This theater is more spacious and there are no bad views. If visiting the area, take in a show at this location.

1  Thank Ajc1213
See more reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went to the colonial theatre last Christmas to see James Taylor in a Christmas Carol. It was my husband and I, my 15 year old son and my Mother. We had to drive about an hour and a half to get here but the theater is so neat. It is an old theater so it makes you feel like you are stepping back in time (but they have modern amenities). The seats in the balcony were quite close together and might be uncomfortable for larger people or taller people but other than that it was wonderful. The show was extremely good and very professional. The tickets were expensive but it was enjoyable.