“Cafe Reva One of the Best of the Berkshires!”
Review of Cafe Reva - CLOSED

Cafe Reva
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed May 1, 2009

YUM! One of our best kept secrets, but the word got out. Gormet breakfast and lunch treats to suit every palate from homemade frogurt (yogurt, fresh fruit and granola) to sandwiches, to salads, to fried asparagus and the rancheros are to die for. The daily specials offer even more, and all at a price you can afford!!

Good job!

There are newer reviews for Cafe Reva

Reviewed March 29, 2009

We went to Cafe Reva because we read about it on TripAdvisor.com. It is definintely a local breakfast place which is what we were looking for. We had the Heuvos Rancheros which was good, but the bean and rice filling in the tortilla (served quesadilla style with the eggs, sour cream and salsa on top) was a bit salty and processed tasting. Sometimes at hole in the wall breakfast places like this you get a really great cup of coffee and that was not the case here - the coffee was mediocre.

We would definintely recommend it to others and would go back, but it wasn't the increedible place we expected based on the reviews.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

My aunt and I just ate at Café Reva, and while this was not the first time I've been there, it reminded me I've been meaning to write a well-deserved review of them. It was my aunt’s first visit.

I’ve been a waitress in my past (8 years of public service in Massachusetts & Texas) so I fully appreciate good service and this place has it in spades.

We got there at about 11 AM on Sunday morning, February 15th. They were doing a brisk business and 2 people were waiting ahead of us. The restaurant was decorated with red and pink paper hearts, and red garlands to celebrate Valentine’s Day and looked very charming. The atmosphere is cozy and country, everything is clean, and the staff is efficient and friendly.

They are open from 6 AM to 2 PM, Weds-Sun., serving breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served throughout the day. In the tourist season, get there early (I’d say by 10:30 latest), because the lines can go out the front and back doors waiting for one of the tables :-)

We got settled into a table for 2 right underneath their front window within 10 minutes. Almost immediately, a waitress appeared with menus and asked us what we’d like to drink. I regret I did not catch her name, but she’s a lovely Asian woman, and did a really excellent job throughout.

My aunt is allergic to dairy, and the waitress ensured that her toast was not buttered, that her omelet had no milk (they are all made with a bit of water), and the home fries are cooked in oil, not butter (oil is standard for all home fries). So if anyone out there reading has this issue, rest assured you can still get a fantastic meal here.

The food comes out of the kitchen at a nice pace (quick but not fast food quick) and the dishes come to the table hot and fresh. The Chef has a gourmet past and it shows in her large, creative menu. The food has high-end touches of ingredients (Greek olives in my omelet rather than the standard bland black, for example) and everything is peak freshness.

My aunt had the Mushroom omelet with portabella, white and shittake mushrooms (hold the Parmesan), home fries, and wheat toast with Smuckers jam, and fresh decaf coffee. She was very happy with her meal, and joked that we should come back for Sunday brunch every week. Fine with me :-)

I had the Herbivore omelet, with mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow onions, fresh spinach and zingy kalamata olives; rye toast and home fries; and regular coffee. Coffee is $1.50 a cup and comes with 1 free refill. The mugs are large and I had plenty throughout my meal. Also, the coffee is really good and fresh, mellow not bitter, and sweet just by itself. The mugs are colorful and mismatched, as are the big plates, which adds to the charm.

My omelet was a very reasonable $6.00 with the complimentary toast and home fries. It was large, about 2 cups, and the vegetables inside were fresh and delicious. The toast was chewy, well-seeded rye and awesome. The home fries, cut into small squares and cooked to a golden-brown crisp, were irresistible.

Our total bill was $17, and we left $24 because our waitress provided prompt and thoughtful service.

My advice? Skip the buffet mob at the Dakota and get yourself over to Café Reva on Tyler Street. You’ll get real service and individualized dishes (they can modify anything for you) and truly tasty food that will start your day off right, or be the highlight of your weekend.

-Sarah, Berkshire Native

1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Went camping at Pittsfield State Forest and stopped by Cafe Reva for lunch. What a terrific little place! I had the Falafel Wrap and my husband had the BLT....delicious beyond our expectations. Reasonably priced. Looks like a 'hole in the wall' from the outside - almost like a pool hall and it's next to an old, run down mechanic/garage but once you step inside, it's quaint and cheery.

1  Thank LaFamilleAventureuse
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Dalton, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 11, 2008

she is a PHENOMENAL cook!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook