Mazzeo's Ristorante Catering & Home Made Pasta
Ranked #1 of 171 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine Italian Dining offering Fresh Seafood, Homemade Pasta, Veal and Daily Specials. Casual Dress. Handicapped Accessible. Outdoor Seating with 2 Fire Pits. Private Rooms, Catering off and onsite available. Banquet Rooms, Extensive Platter Menu to take a piece of Mazzeo's home with you! Delivery Available.
Dalton Ma
“Trendy....”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Gotta be honest...I don't know what all the hype is about. I went there with my daughter and about half of all the people who could be considered the local 'in crowd' was there, [reminded me of the old pretentious crowd at the now defunct 'Spice', and we see what they all did for that place]......all dressed up on a Wednesday night...very nice inside but it was nice when it was Astors...couple million dollars will do that for ya...Food was the normal Mazzeo's food, very good...seems a little pricier but..I guess the new address will cost ya!

I like Frankie's in Lenox better...but if you just ..have to be seen...
Maybe once every couple years is enough for me...

2 Thank JimfromDalton

MA
“Local standard, a must for locals and tourists”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

A nice pre-vacation dinner with my husband at Mazzeo's. Nice wine selection and they make a nice cocktail. Dinner was a swordfish special for $24 which was served with mixed fresh veggies and choice of side, I chose cavatelli, which I recommend. The swordfish was cooked to perfection, with a great sauce, although the portion did seem a little small. My husband choice the gnocci special, with two different flavored gnoccis and melted cheese and their delicious sauce. Our waiter, Ryan, was great, even though we ate in the bar area. The place books quickly, so get your reservations in advance. Dessert was a fantastic chocolate mousse.

1 Thank redheadMA
Long Island, New York
“Great meal before Tanglewood”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Lovely place. Excellent food and service. Don't hesitate to go.

Portland
“Looks 10, Food 5”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This is the first time we've eaten at Mazzeo's in their new location. The new building is great improvement over the previous facility, which had long outgrown its useulness. The new resturant is large and the interior is handsome. Now the management needs to concentrate on bringing it's food up to an appropriately higher level.

My wife and I shared a starter of Crusted Goats Cheeze with Fresh Greens and Glazed Walnuts. I had Fettucini Stefano which was topped with Cream Sauce containing Chicken, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Peas. The portion was huge, I took half of it home to our hostess. My wife had an appetizer of Polenta with Prosciuto and Povolone covered with an Antonia Sauce. All of these three dishes where more than adequate. The problem was that while Mazzeo's steped up to a new level with their physical facility, their food did not. They are not a neighborhood family restaurant any more. They need food to match their surroundings and their prices.

Our waitress was charming and efficient. Our busboy was intentive.

We would certainly eat at Mazzeo's again, but hope that they've worked the kinks out by then.

The title to this review is a paraphrase of a song from Chous Line, "Dance 10, Looks 3." Let's hope that next time it reads "Food 10" too.

3 Thank Peripatetical
Boca Raton, Florida
“Save your money...not worth the price.”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We were eager to try Mazzeos (formerly occupied by Astors restaurant). We were seated immediately at a nice booth and a very congenial and efficient waiter (Stephan) greeted us. He answered all of our questions concerning the menu and the specials. Our party of four selected two orders of grilled red snapper with mango salsa ($25), the stuffed filet of sole with lobster sauce($22) and a baked stuffed jumbo shrimp ($22). We also ordered an appetizer of grilled calamari ($8). Instead of grilling the calamari, it arrived steamed and the flavor was far less than what we had anticipated.
The red snapper was chewy and tough and unsatisfactory. I returned the snapper and ordered a sauteed shrimp with garlic. The waiter responded with a message from the chef that the snapper was tough and chewy because it was from a 40 pound snapper. Even if that is true, the chef should not have served it in a restaurant of this quality The mango salsa accompanying the snapper was chopped so fine that you could not identify its contents and the flavor was lost. There was no evidence of any lime juice or cilantro or mint or red pepper which would have added to the flavor of the salsa.
The filet of sole, small and thin, was topped with a layer of seafood stuffing about an inch thick and topped with a tasteless lobster sauce. All the entrees came with a small amount of honey glazed carrots and a choice of pasta, smashed potatoes or polenta. The cavatelli arrived overcooked certainly not al dente. Preceeding the entree, there was a choice of garden salad, caesar salad, potato soup or chicken pastina soup. The chicken soup was tasty but was served only lukewarm. The garden salads were comprised of romaine lettuce, a wedge of tomato and garnished with red onion.The salad greens were fresh but very mundane.
Overall, the food was poor quality for the money.
On the positive side, Stephan, our waiter was very pleasant, cooperative and responded quickly to our needs.

3 Thank Iamatravellady