“A slow Saturday”

Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian Dining offering Fresh Seafood, Homemade Pasta, Veal and Daily Specials. Casual Dress. Handicapped Accessible. Outdoor Seating with 2 Fire Pits. Private Rooms, Catering off and onsite available. Banquet Rooms, Extensive Platter Menu to take a piece of Mazzeo's home with you! Delivery Available.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A last minute trip to the lounge. Food was very good, but some problems with the order. Chicken arrived instead of Veal. Side of pasta never arrived. Handled problem with a free dessert.

1  Thank SF C

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our second time dining at Mazzeo's. Unfortunatey, we were seated near the kitchen door in the same booth we dined at previously. The waitstaff leaves a tray stand set up right in this area within clear view of guests. They use this stand to collect and scrape dishes before they return them to the kitchen. This is so tacky and unappealing. The service was poor. Our server never asked us how our food was the entire time. We had wanted a second cocktail but didn't have one due to the unavailability of our server. Those in our party who had pasta dishes were satisfied with the quality, however, the prime rib was very tough. The salads were skimpy with stalks of romaine, a thick wedge of tomato and couple of cucumbers and some foul tasting dressing. Portion sizes of sides of potato and vegetable were also very skimpy. I would recommend traveling north on route 7 another 10 to 15 minutes and dining at Zucchini's for friendlier service and better tasting food for a fraction of the price.

1  Thank pogo99
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very nice atmosphere. The fried ice cream for dessert was unique and very good. I needed to have a component left out of a dish and they handled it with no problem.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Overall the restaurant is great, the atmosphere is really nice and great if you are there on a date. The menu is extensive - I honestly don't know how they offer so many options. The food was excellent but the service was really disappointing. I think the gentlemen saw two women dining and really didn't pay much attention to us. I'm a good tipper and am always disappointed when a server makes assumptions that women are not going to take care of their servers. I finally said to him that we were going to have a nice long leisurely dinner but that we are good tippers and not to fear us. Suddenly the service improved but still wasn't the best. Perhaps just a bad night for the gentlemen but again, the food was good and I will definately give them another chance when I visit again in a 2 months.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We really loved this restaurant and would definitely go back again. We brought our boys but next time around I would prefer to go on a date night with my hubby. Service is excellent all around. Dinner was served in a timely fashion despite the fact that the night we visited it was packed (and it's a pretty big restaurant). Everything was delicious, especially the desserts. We can't wait to visit again soon!

1  Thank Zoomzoomzoom149