“Primo Food and Wine...Mangia, Mangia!”

Mazzeo's Ristorante Catering & Home Made Pasta
Ranked #3 of 179 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian Dining offering Fresh Seafood, Homemade Pasta, Veal and Daily Specials. Casual Dress. Handicapped Accessible. Outdoor Seating with 2 Fire Pits. Private Rooms, Catering off and onsite available. Banquet Rooms, Extensive Platter Menu to take a piece of Mazzeo's home with you! Delivery Available.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Prepared to be spoiled and to eat a great Italian meal. Just visited Mazzeo's yesterday and enjoyed great food, wine, and service. Always best to make reservations and arrive for an early dinner if you want to avoid the crowds. We were there for 5:45 pm and when we left the place was packed. This was a Tuesday night. I had my favorite appetizer...risotto with shrimp and scallops. My test of a fantastic Italian restaurant is to order the risotto. This dish is consistently amazing. A must try for sure. I have never been disappointed. Perfectly cooked, creamy, tender seafood...I dream about this dish. I ordered the leg of lamb special with garlic mashed potatoes and glazed carrots. Ate every bit of it. Juicy lamb with an over the top savory reduction as a sauce. My dessert pick was the creme brulee. Not exactly an Italian classic, but always a favorite of mine...creamy and yummy with flecks of real vanilla bean. Crunchy caramelized sugar...OMG...OMG...OMG...great dessert. Our waitstaff was amazing and very patient with our struggle on picking our entrees from all of the pages and pages of choices. This place is really wonderful. I would recommend it highly for your next special occasion. It is a little pricey...but I never mind the extra cost. I feel spoiled every time I dine here. Ask your waitstaff to pick your wine for you. They always make the best pairing based on my food order.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Mazzeo's is one of my favorite restaurants in the Berkshires. I always have had great service and delicious food. Since moving to their new location, the variety of selections on the menu have increased and the atmosphere is much more refined. I'm sorry that they seem to be using their banquet area as an overflow place (other reviews) and suggest they fancy up that section of the restaurant to the level of the upstairs. Mazzeo's is somewhat pricey, but I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

First of all I give my thanks to the servers who gave up their time on Thanksgiving to serve the public dinner. I have never dined at Mazzeo's and was looking forward to the ambience of the restaurant. To our surprise they put us in a cold banquet room which I have seen plenty of time in the past. There was nothing special about this room and when I made reservations weeks ago they said it would be upstairs. That was not a good way to start Thanksgiving. My second gripe was they had a menu on their website when I made the reservation but then they took off the dessert and first course listing. They offered eggplant soup or salad as a starter. Eggplant soup was a rather strange selection and everyone at our table did not like eggplant except for one person. It would have been nice to have traditional pies in the dessert list but I enjoyed my cheesecake.
The turkey was very moist and one of the best I've had in a long time. I would have enjoyed more white meat than brown meat but it was still good. The stuffing was a good portion and tasted fine. I enjoyed the squash which was cut up in cubes but would have like a bit more. The gravy was very tasty gut the beans had too much garlic for the plate. I love garlic but they seemed to not fit in. The carrots were tasty and cooked just right. The meal was not hot but it reminded me of Thanksgiving Dinner at home which is never hot after saying grace and getting everyone seated. Overall I really enjoyed my dinner and the server was terrific. The atmosphere and chill of the room was not what I was looking for. Perhaps another time I will be able to enjoy the upstairs.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Mazzeos was once the place to go for hearty Italian fare at a reasonable price and with attentive service. No more. The dishes are ok, but what was once a fair price has become terribly inflated with their relocation to their larger space on route 7. The price of the move and more luxurious dining rooms has been passed on to customers, but the real reason for going, the food, is merely adequate. Service was not terribly attentive. One felt that one was supposed to be grateful for the opportunity to dine there. Friends who went on another night gave reports of being made to wait far too long for a table despite the fact that they had a reservation -- they said the place was overbooked, crowded and noisy. Sad that the success Mazzeo's had in its previous more modest setting seems to have gone to the owner's heads.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stopped in this restaurant when passing through the Berkshires. The great reviews by fellow TA writers was the reason we selected it. For the most part the best I can state is average service, and ambiance. The food for some was good and others terrible. An order of mussels came out with a mussel that was so bad it could be smelled from across the table. Thank god no one bit into it. Those who have bit into a bad mussel know what I mean. Management did remove the dish from our table and the bill.

I'd give them another chance if I were in the area again but not with any great expectations or enthusiasm.