“Location brought us in- food will bring us back”

The Marketplace Cafe
Ranked #5 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
East Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Location brought us in- food will bring us back”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went on a short vacation with family for July 4th- who knew that Pittsfield does this Holiday up- WOW. We had no idea that the parade was going to be 2 hours long- and so spirit filled. We were ecited to see that there was something open (the town kinda shuts down- not surprising once you see the parade) we were able to eat our breakfast while watching the beginning of the parade go by, but you couldn't really hear, so we did venture out. The atmosphere is very friendly- the cashier was a HOOT and the food was really good. If we are ever back in the area, we would make this a planned stop. Coffee was also good and my son loved the hot chocolate (with whipped topping of course) Prices weren't bad for the food except the front of register treats seemed a little high. Overall, Very Good!

Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“The VERY BEST wrap I have ever had. Seriously.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were staying in town to go to Tanglewood (my 1st time) and while killing some time on a Saturday I asked the lady at the Berkshire Museum (also worth a visit) in the gift shop where to get something tasty but on the healthy side. A block and a half later I am in a cafe where pretty much anything would probably have made me happy. I went for the Caesar Wrap w/chicken (I realize not the healthiest of options). Anyway I got the spinach wrap tortilla and my god this was amazing. When I say amazing, I mean the kind of thing that tastes so good that you want to go back and get another one.

Now keep in mind while the food is good, things are on the expensive side, I think around $9 for my meal. Having said that they probably get the Romaine locally and actually pay their workers a reasonable wage/living wage, and again it was awesome and totally worth it.

I took my order to go but you could easily eat here and really enjoy yourself...very comfy environment to have a meal. Definitely check this place out. I bet it's one of the best places in Pittsfield!!!!

• Visited June 2013
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This chicken taste like fish”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband, sister and our friend tried this place last Sunday and we're all a little mixed on our review. When we first entered the establishment we were greeted by a VERY friendly staff. Not comforting friendly, more like what are they on friendly. But maybe that's just me. My friend and I got the vegan, veggie chili which was delicious if you like sweet chili. My husband and sister did not fair so well, they both tried a Mexican chicken sandwich and nether could even finish it, I tried a bite and realized it tasted like fish, the aoli sauce must of had fish sauce in it. It was pretty gross. We also tried to figure out what about the sandwich was Mexican? I guess we expected some spicyness. So my advice is go for the chili but avoid the chicken.

• Visited June 2013