“Good eats”

Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
“Good eats”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I love hibachi this restaurant has hibachi and was very good. Friendly service, waiter couldn't do enough to make our dining experience a pleasant one. They give you plenty of food.

Great Barrington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not go back”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We came here a few times when it first opened and had a great experience. Past two times, the service had been terrible. Hibachi tables are the only area you get attentive service, but it get pricey. Last couple of visits we got sat at a booth. First time, we waited over an hour to get served... Our appetizer (soup) got there 45 mins after we were seated. We put the order in as soon as we arrived. Called the manager why it was taking long when restaurant was busy and other tables that came after us have left: he asked what would you like me to do about I? I asked for check and left- food dins' even come. Today, I went back because my husband likes their food( their bento boxes are ok). The waitress messed up my order- i think it was communication error. But instead of apologizing, she said If I wanted to order my right dish i will have to pay for both because otherwise, she has to pay. I told them I will pay- just get me the right order and they messed up my order again and had meat in my dish( I do not eat meat). It was the same manager so I didn't even complain, just paid my food and left. Will not be back again- if I want hibachi i would rather drive down to South county for shiro... Better retrain your server or change management

• Visited July 2014
New York, NY
“A lot of fun and great food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

On a nice couple's advice outside of the movie theatre in Pittsfield we went to Koto for the hibachi and had a terrific dinner. The food was very good. The chef was entertaining and good - shooting sake through the air into our mouths and water through a baby bottle into the younger people at our table. Loved the disco ball and music for birthday celebrations. Great choice and thank you to the nice couple sitting on the bench.

• Visited July 2014
“Great food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great food either at the hibachi or table seating, both experiences were great, service is decent, language barrier with our waiter/waitress but that doesn't bother me personally, had a great time. My girlfriend loves sushi, I don't eat it. She loved her sushi, I loved by meat, rice and veggies, awesome food!

• Visited February 2014
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible people, VERY RUDE!!!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I had heard wonderful reviews and went one Sunday with family. Two of us were handicapped and we were treated absolutely horrible. Seating was atrocious. Terrible people and business owners. I have a large family and extended family, as well as friends with disabilities like myself; the word has been spread about this horrible business people. We didn't even stay to eat it was that horrible.

• Visited March 2014