“Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Koto Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is just good! I love hibachi and Koto is as good as any place you can find.

The food is fresh, the drinks are great, and the show will keep you coming back. The chefs know how to please your crowd whether you have kids, a group of friends, bachelor party, or birthday party! A great spot for a special event!

If you prefer a more private and quiet dining experience, grab a sit down table for sushi and Japanese and you won't be disappointed! I'd recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited December 2013

Albany, New York
“WOW fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have eaten at more than a dozen Japanese restaurants, in the US. Kotos is in the top 3. The menu is excellent and the quality of food and service is great, Everything is so fresh, Food presentation is fantastic. I mainly eat the raw and it is so tasty.
They started a Sunday buffet, which is neat, because you stay at your table and pick off a special menu.(all you can eat) This means no little finger tasting and putting back or the sneezes on the food. They have a large variety on the menu, One item is white tuna roll, if you eat raw please try this, the tuna melts in your mouth like butter.
Have been here 5 or more times AAAAAAA+++++

• Visited December 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Everything was Cold....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Overall, not a very good first impression. They've been in town for a while now, having moved into a spot that was once occupied by Chinese restaurant Panda West. Sunday brunch was just added so I figured I'd give it a try a couple of Sunday's ago.
Thought it would be buffet style but I was quickly seated and given a menu. Bit of a language barrier with the waitress but the only Japanese I speak is hello and goodbye. Kept it simple ordering lo mein noodles, steak and rice. They offer a hibachi experience with the chef's doing the cooking at your table. Wouldn't have minded sitting at a large table with others but maybe next time. If there is a next time.
Meal came relatively quickly but everything was cold. It was good but cold. Called the host over and asked the proverbial dumb question; 'didn't think the lo mein, steak and rice was supposed to be cold but I had to ask? He looked a little dumbfounded but did offer to warm things up. I just told him to wrap things up and I'd take them with me.
Check came but no one offered to comp my dinner seeing it was cold. I could have made a stink but didn't. Once I got home and warmed things up it was OK. Maybe it was just a bad day in the kitchen or my meal had been sitting for a while. Anyway, no biggie. I'll probably be back at some point. The local paper just reviewed them favorably for whatever that's worth.

• Visited October 2013
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Koto is a great place to bring a group of friends to enjoy the hibachi tables. There are several. The vegetable hibachi dinner is amazing. The tofu is delicious. Always busy so make a reservation or get there early!

Visited November 2013
Pittsfield, MA
“We keep going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We're now addicted to Koto and go once a week. The hibachi experience is great and we have met some cool people sitting with us. The chefs do a great entertaining job. My husband and I always order the Koto House Special for two which is chicken, scallops, shrimp, filet mignon and lobster tail. We always have enough leftover for another meal. Everything is always cooked to perfection. The noodles and rice are awesome and lets not forget the squirting of the sake. We have also went for sushi and it is presented beautifully and I had the best spice tuna roll I have ever had last night. Scorpion bowls are served with the flaming shot in the middle. The only thing is the lack of understanding of the english language by the hostess when you walk in, but we get over it.

• Visited September 2013