“One of the best hotel stays EVER!”
Review of Berkshire Inn

Berkshire Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. It felt remarkable and just an overall neat hotel. Check in was fast. We had discounted rooms due to the fact that my brother is in military. We came in on Memorial Day and pool was very clean. We booked two rooms. One room was quite a bit bigger (a corner room I think) with a larger bathroom. The other room was average size with a very small bathroom. There were some small issues that aren't even worth mentioning because it was corrected immediately and are so small in comparison to the over all experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here prior to my daughters' wedding. Room was clean, comfortable bed, and decent TV. Downsides? WiFi was out for a day, cooling adjustment Knob on A/C was stripped, and faucet handle on bathroom sink was stripped but workable. Continental Breakfast was adequate, food was fresh. Did not swim in the pool but it looked clean and inviting.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The so called staff are horrible. Nothing but problems. Called them several times. Only one guy answering phones. No one else to talk to even when asked. He kept repeating the same thing ignoring the problem at hand. Said I wouldn't be changed for room. Then was charged the day after

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Lsmaniac
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Great location and price. Friendly check in. Stayed there last night and it was VERY cold trying to sleep....had to get up and put my sweatshirt and socks on. I'll try again in warmer weather if price is similar.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank justees107
Reviewed January 14, 2014

First, the good--the price was decent and hotel was clearly newly redone. The room was lovely & clean and the WIFI worked great. Now, the bad--they advertise as a "motel for all seasons", yet on the evening I showed up, 12 degrees outside in December, they had clearly taken the "turn the heat down when you leave" too seriously. It took 1/2 hour before the room even reached 40 degrees (yes, that's Farenheit) and by midnight it hadn't yet reached 60!! When I told the people at the desk how cold it was they told me not to worry, it would warm up! Night 2 the temperature was fine (I'd left the heat turned up when I left for the day) but a snowstorm came in. I expected to be awakened to plows, yet when I woke at 9 not only hadn't the lot been plowed at all, but the sidewalk leading to the office hadn't even been shoveled. There were about 8" of snow on the ground. At about 9:30 the owner was in the parking lot trying to get a snow blower going, but still nobody had shoveled. They looked frazzled, but clearly couldn't handle it. Still nobody had picked up a shovel to dig out the walkway. Still no apology for the FREEZING room the night before. I might stay there again in warmer weather, but never again in winter!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jodi L
Reviewed November 30, 2013

For the past 4 weekends I've been staying at this motel for work. Since my job requires me to be "on call" I'm pretty much confined to the hotel room. This is without a doubt one of the cleanest motels I have ever stayed at. The staff is very accommodating, and will go out of their way to answer any question you may have. This Inn is suitable for business, solo, family, friends, or any other arrangements that require lodging. If I'm ever stationed here again I will definitely be requesting to stay here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My son, grandson and myself stayed at the Berkshire Inn the end of September this year - 2013.
We had a truck w/car trailer and we weren't sure just where we could park it. As it turned our, we were assigned the corner room and truck/trailer fit in there perfectly. Parked my car along side it.
The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. During our 1-night stay, met some very pleasant 'family' people staying there also. Our room was clean and very comfortable for the price- $89.00. Checked out just as continental breakfast was set up. Nice variety of fruits, cereals and bread items, juice, coffee, etc. Unfortunately we could not partake of if since had a deadline to meet. I would recommend this Inn to anyone- single, family, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Berkshire Inn? Share your experiences!