“Excellent!”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
New York City
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My experience was great. It's a motel, so don't expect mountain views and a spa. The room was updated and very clean, freshly painted, new TV, immaculate bathroom. I recommend it. Perfect Berkshire location, plenty of restaurants on North St.
Great Value!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Long Island, Nueva York
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed at the Berkshire Inn in August when my son was in the hospital there having very serious spine surgery following an cliff-jumping accident. I felt comfortable right away and Rob and Quennie made me feel right at home. When my son was released from the hospital, he stayed there with for two nights. It was a tough time for us, as he was in a lot of pain and needed almost constant care. We couldn't have been in a more perfect motel. It really was a comfort to be in such a big, clean, well-equipped room. The bathroom was large enough for him to get into with his walker, the room with two beds was very large, we had a refrigerator and microwave, so I was able to keep and make food for both of us. The motel is in a beautiful area and very close to the supermarket and CVS, and only a few minutes to downtown Pittsfield and the Berkshire Medical Center.
I hope to return someday under happier circumstances and enjoy the friendly, comfortable atmosphere of the Berkshire Inn and to see Rob and Quennie again!
Thank you both for being so wonderful to us. I would recommend the Berkshire Inn to anyone looking for a clean, affordable and very pleasant place to stay (in fact, I raved about it to everyone when I came home!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I rely on Trip Advisor for advice and this time I was fooled. I should have read the reviews more carefully and not been fooled by the strangely high overall score. Our stay here was a trip back to the early 1970's -- and not in the good way. This place is old - old -- old and worn out. Thankfully we were there only one night and did not want to watch the 1970's era tube type TV (that had black jagged lines running across the screen). The bed was OK, but we were awakened by a large stationary truck idling beneath our bedroom window belching diesel smoke. Since we were hopelessly awake before 6am, we decided to grab a bagel and coffee and be on our way -- only to discover that it would not be available for two hours! I

f you are looking for a motel experience, go down the road a mile or two toward Lenox; there are several nice motels available with modern amenities.

Room Tip: Choose a good room somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank William R

Travelers are raving about these Pittsfield hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Berkshire Inn has two, one-story buildings and the back one is newer. It's the old style motel. The place is a bit dated (old bathroom fixtures, glass slate windows), but it is comfortable, clean, and the family/owners are very friendly. The simple continental breakfast is what you would expect: juices, coffee, cereals, bread products, and a few other items. The eating area is small. The motel is situated in a location convenient to the Colonial Theatre, the Barrington Stage Company, and the Beacon movie theater (we recommend all three places). It has a outdoors pool, but we were there after the summer so it was closed.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back building are quieter than those in the front building.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank newengland50
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

An older place with fairly good upkeep. My room was quite clean, although maybe not used recently, judging by the generous spider webs I had to remove. Furnishings were adequate for my basic needs. One major complaint for me: They use those plastic-type mattress protectors just under the bed sheet, something I have never seen in all my travelling days. This means two things: Every movement produces a crackling noise and secondly, leaves the part of your body in contact with it sweaty. Most uncomfortable. Service was adequate. My summary: Adequate accommodations, on the pricey side for a single.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

1 have stay at many motels in the berkshires . i found this motel clean,quiet and very friendly. the owners were very friendy and helpful. would highly recomment the inn. plan on retuning 2012 or 2013 with friends. localarea has many fine stores and restaurants. the pool area was pleasant. morning coffee and continiental breakfast very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The Berkshires offer a wide variety of delights for those on vacation, and it is thus understandable that a lot of people would want to spend time here, any time of the year. There are innumerable places for business people needing a lot of amenities, couples needing romantic ambiance, or those wanting luxurious pampering to their every need. The Berkshire Inn is none of those places -- but it fills the niche that is sometimes hard to find: family-oriented value.

I stayed here alone one night prior to starting a trip on the Appalachian Trail. Because early starts are a crucial factor to making progress on the A.T., I had to leave this place at 5:30 am after a 10 pm check-in the night before. In other words, I didn't get a good chance to review this place. I will simply note what I saw during the short time I was there.

Pittsfield has made a successful effort to maintain a vital city center, and the local residents can be proud of the strength of their public transportation. Pittsfield is the center of this transit system, so those who prefer this type of service would be well-served to check this city for a visit. For those vast majority who rely on auto travel, Pittsfield is as good as any other choice.

The Berkshire Inn is located a little over a kilometer (ie, about 7/10 of a mile) from the main transport center, just west of the town's main commercial street (called "North Street" north of East Street and West Street, and "South Street" south of these). Although Housatonic Street is a U.S. highway, it was surprisingly quiet.There are a few, but not many, commercial establishments along this road; most of them are on the main road.

My room had full bath, fridge, AC, microwave, and TV with 71 channels listed. Free amenities include parking and pool. I was not able to take advantage of either the free wi-fi or continental breakfast. The room was clean and well-maintained.
The office closes at 9 pm, but this was not an issue due to my informing them of my arrival at 10 pm -- the manager was available almost immediately after I rang the doorbell, and check in was a breeze. This one staff member was clearly welcoming despite my short stay.
There was no radio-alarm in the room, so I relied on a phone-in wake up call. Although I was worried about this call not coming through -- my phone line had a LOT of static on it -- the phone did ring, but the call was cut off almost immediately. In this age of ubiquitous cell phones, a room phone line with static is not generally an issue -- but if (like me) you MUST have a call come through, this can be an problem.

The motel offers online booking services, with a small discount for those using that service instead of phoning (toll free) the place directly. However, when I used this service and got to the point where I was asked for my credit card number (which I have given online hundreds of times), the URL remained
In other words, it was NOT an https URL. I am trying to determine whether this means their booking service is being used on a non-secure URL.

For a family who wants a quiet, friendly, and affordable place to stay where everyone can enjoy their stay, this place is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
Yankee Suites Extended Stay
#5 of 8 in Pittsfield

Been to Berkshire Inn? Share your experiences!