“Fantastic Pizza and Wings”

Hot Tomatoes Neapolitan Pizza
Ranked #23 of 171 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Toronto, On
“Fantastic Pizza and Wings”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a surprise! We were attempting to eat at another fabulously TA reviewed restaurant just up the road from Hot Tomatoes, but it was closed - as were most of the restaurants in Pittsfield. We'd been touring all day and decided to eat early then head back to our condo. Saw that this place was open and that Mondays were half price wings; so, what did we have to lose?!!
We were so happy that we went in. The pizza was fabulous (we only had the cheese and tomato), but wonderful, crisp crust and perfectly cooked toppings - not greasy at all. But the biggest treat was the wings; they were amazing. Crispy skin, moist meat, perfect flavour and not smothered in sauce or greasy - fantastic. It has never occurred to me before to get excited about pizza and/or wings!! Didn't have any room for gelato. The lines of people coming in for takeout says it all. Can't recommend it highly enough.

I am presuming this is the same Hot Tomato restaurant as the one in Williamstown that I was reading about on TA.

• Visited September 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Gelato like you get in Italy”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Hot Tomatoes' pizza is perfectly good--thin crust, nice sweet sausage, mushrooms and from looking at others' orders, other quality toppings. A nice touch on our sweet sausage and mushroom were some chunks of tomato along with the tomato sauce topping. But the gelato, homemade there, is outstanding. The chocolate is dark, rich and concentratedly chocolate-y but the pink grapefruit sorbetto was as good as I would have had at Vivoli in Florence and Giolitti in Rome. They have several luscious flavors on offer, but whatever you do, save room for dessert.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CarolinaBecky
Dalton, Massachusetts
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Prompt initial service, but it took an extraordinary long time for the pizza to be served (almost an hour). Pizza was very good, but we didn't think it quite came up to par with the "rave" reviews we read in the paper. Some of the staff seemed to be more focused on the takeout orders and in arguing with each other and visiting with some of the regulars and their friends who showed up while we were there, rather than taking care of the customers. Also, some of the delivery drivers hanging out in the kitchen waiting for their orders looked seedy and rather dirty. Expensive, and a little too "laid back and casual" for our taste. And besides, it's just pizza.

Visited April 2012
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
“Best Za Around - Plus Choices for Everyone in the Family”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What do you do when you have a big family gathering for supper after a day in the pool? Hot Tomatoes has the answer - there is something for everyone. The little kids wanted a plain cheese pizza - they enjoyed that. The crazy uncle wanted buffalo wings - these are a very good rendition - not too greasy - make sure you get enough to share. The pizza is very good - crust thin enough so you don't feel overloaded and crispy enough to hold some really decent toppings - we tried both a vegetarian combo and a sausage and pepper. Both were excellent and worth going back for. Mum had the crepes ( I think they were spinach or chicken - can't remember as I was too busy with my sweet sausage pizza.) And we got a garden salad which was plenty big enough to share around. Take note, the parking lot is around the back. The storefront restaurant is fairly typical in decor with the exception of the giant gelato case. Believe me if you stop in to pick up pizza you will end up with one of their succulent sensations - we had the watermelon gelato -which we enjoyed on a hot summer day. This is the type of excellent pizza we just can't get in Scotland - which is why I keep going back when I am 'home' in the Berkshires. My sister said they have delivery but I can't verify that since she kept making me do the pick-ups. I am looking forward to my winter trip home.

• Visited July 2012
White Plains, New York
“Excellent pizza!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This pizza parlor is well worth the 5 minute drive from the center of town! The menu offers a full selection of pizzas and paninnis including gourmet toppings. Something for everyone. There are plenty of tables, the service is great, the food is all freshly made, and the restaurant is spotless! They even offer a variety of sorbets and Italian ice creams for desert.

• Visited August 2012