Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Pennsylvania
“Ok hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We recently stayed here during our annual trip to the Berkshires. We got to the hotel late and the kids were tired. We tried to make up the sleeper sofa with the sheets provided but they were sheets to a single bed and didn't fit. They said they would be right up with the correct sheets but I had to go down for them. A second trip was for towels. We were given 2 towels for 4 people. The second night we were there the light over the vanity had to be replaced and we had to call for toilet paper. There was a large spider in a web behind the bathroom door.

On a positive note the breakfast was delicious. Pancake machine, good coffee, fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. Excellent! No pool was a bummer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank soho204

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Very impressed with this hotel. We have been on a 10 day road trip through New England and this is the nicest hotel we stayed at. I read that it was recently remodeled and you can tell. The rooms are really clean and new looking and gorgeous. We were sad we only got to spend one night here. The breakfast was big and included hot items and our boys always love breakfasts that are included at hotels. Would definitely recommend to anyone and would love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Ritawiebner
pa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very new or remodeled with large rooms including micro & frig for much less than other accomodations in season make this a real steal!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank oldnovice
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Pros: This hotel was very convenient for the event we were attending at nearby Bousquet Ski area. It was also right near some great hiking locations. Rooms were clean and spacious, and staff was very pleasant. Plenty of outlets in the room for electronics ... often a problem in other hotels. We really liked that they had a cooler in the front lobby with soda, water and snacks so we didn't have to deal with vending machines. Just had purchases charged to our room.
Cons: Sad there wasn't a pool, oh well. Toaster didn't work in the breakfast room. They took out three different ones, all of which didn't operate correctly. Milk ran out and wasn't replaced. And those round egg things ... have those ever seen a chicken? In our room, we were given two lotions instead of a lotion and a conditioner, which I discovered when I was already in the shower. They also didn't replace the tissues when they ran out. Nitpicky stuff but annoying nevertheless.
I would still stay here again when traveling in this area. As my title says, the pros outweighed the cons.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room that was very spacious and comfortable with minimum noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eproofreader
NY
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was expecting this great place based on reviews. It's a motel room, nothing more. Big huge empty space in the double bedded room (should be a recliner or easy chair there). Cobwebs and dust balls on ceiling. Dead bugs in corner of windowsill, luckily didn't have to look at it, curtains covered it up. Bathroom was tiny, but tub was very clean. Something strange about the place, couldn't put my finger on it. Hall and room had weird smell, that at first I thought was smoke, but on second thought, I'm wondering if it's their carpet. I remember a weird similar smell in another place years ago and I think it was their carpet. I would not return here. I'm pretty finicky when it comes to hotels and this didn't cut it for me. I don't understand all the rave reviews. I travel quite a bit, and if you read my reviews I always try to be fair. Place wasn't terrible but it certainly is nothing like the other reviewers are saying it is. It's a plain best western motel at it's best.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mittmott
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed overnight here to attend a concert at Tanglewood. The location is convenient to the venue, and they have printed directions at the front desk. The Inn is beautiful on the outside, we had a King room on the first floor, which was spacious and clean, with a much appreciated mini fridge an microwave. The bathroom had a nice deep tub, but it filled very, very slowly. The shower pressure was adequate. The sink was outside the bathroom, which I always like. Breakfast was fine, typical. Nice fresh cut fruit, pancake machine, breads, bagels, muffins, sausage links and egg patties. My only problem with the room was that our room said it was non smoking, but it sure smelled like it had possibly been a previous smoking room that had been freshened up. Every time we walked back into the room we got this unpleasant odor. We got used to it, but unless I could be guaranteed a total non smoking room, I might look for other accomodations. I just felt like the air wasn't fresh. If you are just looking for a quick bite to eat, there are a couple of Subway restaurants around, and Pizza Hut and McDonalds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ponchogrl
Columbia MD
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Room very comfy, with fridge, microwave, and widescreen TV. There's a room coffeemaker but there's better coffee available in the lobby, 24/7. The breakfast included the typical free fare. I don't care for bulk-scrambled eggs, but the toasted bagels were good. Less appealing was the tired-looking cut fruit that looked as though it had been sitting out for a couple of days. However by 8:45AM it was removed and replaced with freshly cut fruit. Overall a nice stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Don K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Berkshire Hills Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!