“Disappointing”
Review of MadJacks BBQ - CLOSED

MadJacks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Very disappointing! The pulled pork BBQ was soggy and mushy - obviously not fresh. I was there at 5:45 pm and they were out of two main side dishes (actually I gathered from my server that they hadn't been prepared yet). I had eaten at MadJacks before they moved to North Street and it was excellent but this was a very poor dining experience. Maybe another case of a good place trying to go big time and not quite pulling it off - too bad! My advice - go somewhere else.

1  Thank B0bGG

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We've been to the new location on North Street 3 time and always been satisfied. Pulled pork, jambalaya and whiskey sauce were unbeatable. My wife loved the tofu BBQ as well. Asked for bread pudding, but they were out. Settled for sweet potato pie (excellent) and ice cream and they brought whiskey sauce on the side. The waitress said the sauce normally goes with the bread pudding. It was the best and would go great with almost any dessert! Next time I hope they have the bread pudding too.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I absolutely love Jack's food. Great people, always fresh food, selection of BBQ sauces and the BEST sweet potato fries in Pittsfield.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have now been to this restaurant 3 times and just can't get enough! Their fried chicken is delicious and of great quality, the mashed potatoes are rich and buttery, the macaroni and cheese and very good. The only thing I wouldn't order again is the side of green beans because they were too salty and mushy. The jambalaya and vegetarian chili are also tasty. The staff are always friendly and smiling, even if it's really busy. There's something for everyone on the menu.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The new location on North Street finally has enough seating. Pulled pork and ribs were excellent- prices very reasonable