“Outstanding service”

Cuisines: American
Pennsylvania
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

While staying at the Crowne Plaza, we ended up with a large group of hungry family and friends. We descended upon the staff at One West and caught them by surprise on a midweek evening. They handled us with good spirits and efficiency. The food was good and the prices were reasonable.
The dining room is adjunct to the hotel bar, but the atmosphere is not annoying. Large doors open to the indoor pool area, which is very pleasant.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Darthdaddy

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good food. My kids kept ordering the hamburgers. They were $10 a pop though. Breakfast buffet was great too! $12.99 adult, $7.99 kids

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“OK for drinks and appetizers !”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The restaurant is small, more like a bar with a few tables.
We had drinks and appetizers, and they were average.
Not sure if I would want to order dinner as it seemed overpriced.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Deb010305
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Caught By Surprise...Terrific Dinner”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tired and too weary to go looking around...I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to "settle" for dinner at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield, MA. Wow...this meal was terrific. Nice, redesigned dining room with a full bar in the center. White table cloths, pretty flowers, and great lighting. Small, but exciting menu. Picked the mussels for an appetizer. Very tasty and simmered in white wine with a saffron aoli. The only down side to this dish was the bread was under the mussels and was very soggy. I didn't really like the texture and would have loved a few crunchy, garlicky pieces of bread on the side to dip in the yummy broth instead. Now...the entree...this was to die for!!!! Picked the pork medallions wrapped in bacon. It's true...everything is better wrapped in bacon...even pork tenderloin. Perfectly cooked and tender, this was sooooo tasty and was served with a green peppercorn sauce that had some kick to it. Smashed potatoes on the side and crunchy, fresh, lightly steamed and well seasoned summer and zucchini squash made this menu item a great choice. Has a great glass of Berkshire Brewing Compnay Steel Rail Extra Peel Rail with it. Wanted to check out the dessert menu and see what else was in store, but this is where this restaurant gets a 4 instead of a 5. No real menu to drool over...just a few standard offerings that were conveyed to me by the waitstaff. Come one...the rest of the food was so inventive and delicious...need to finish out the meal experience with creative desserts. I still managed to pick the ricotta cheesecake. It was good, but did not match appetizer and entree offerings. Left quite full and quite happy to have not ventured out looking for something great that was right under my nose. Definitely worth a return trip. Waitstaff and bartender were super friendly and very attentive. Good value.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michie1291
MA
“Disappointing breakfast”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recommended this restaurant located at the Crowne Plaze in Pittsfield to colleagues that wanteed to meet for a breakfast meeting. I understood that they had a menu based breakfast but come to find out it was buffet and terrible. There was nine of us and we had the dining room to ourselves which should have been an indication. There was no instruction by the waitstaff that it was a buffet, so we waited for menus. Finally, when we figured it out, we found gelatin like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, and a cold breakfast pizza made of biscuit, ham, cheese and maybe some creamy type substance. I thought they may have a fresh selection of fruit but they had a nasty bowl of mixed fruit that was unappetizing, containers of yogurt, some make your own toast and a selection of juices. $12.99 a person. Lousy. I am embarassed I recommended it. I am writing a note to my collegues to apologize. I imagine if you are staying here and need quick bite before heading out for a busy day, it may be OK, but would urge you to pass and head a block down on North Street to On a Roll for breakfast, or Nook and Cranny, or even a breakfast burrito from Hot Harry's would leave you more satisfied than this super quiet, dimly lit, mass produced (for whom I do not know), cafeteria breakfast. Shame on you, Crowne Plaza. Breakfast sucks.

• Visited March 2012