“Disappointing breakfast”

One West Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 176 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I recommended this restaurant located at the Crowne Plaze in Pittsfield to colleagues that wanteed to meet for a breakfast meeting. I understood that they had a menu based breakfast but come to find out it was buffet and terrible. There was nine of us and we had the dining room to ourselves which should have been an indication. There was no instruction by the waitstaff that it was a buffet, so we waited for menus. Finally, when we figured it out, we found gelatin like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, and a cold breakfast pizza made of biscuit, ham, cheese and maybe some creamy type substance. I thought they may have a fresh selection of fruit but they had a nasty bowl of mixed fruit that was unappetizing, containers of yogurt, some make your own toast and a selection of juices. $12.99 a person. Lousy. I am embarassed I recommended it. I am writing a note to my collegues to apologize. I imagine if you are staying here and need quick bite before heading out for a busy day, it may be OK, but would urge you to pass and head a block down on North Street to On a Roll for breakfast, or Nook and Cranny, or even a breakfast burrito from Hot Harry's would leave you more satisfied than this super quiet, dimly lit, mass produced (for whom I do not know), cafeteria breakfast. Shame on you, Crowne Plaza. Breakfast sucks.

2  Thank redheadMA

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Located in our Hotel, I was surprised at the price per meal. Most hotel restaurants over charge, but not this one. The food was very good, and there was a decent selection.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Husband and I went on a Wednesday night around 6:30. We were the only patrons in the dining area (next to the bar) but several solo travellers (business) were at the bar eating or drinking. This restaurant is in the Crowne Plaza Hotel so we weren't expecting great food or atmosphere. We were very surprised. White tablecloths and napkins and upscale seating and lighting. I ordered the special with shrimp and scallops and they were cooked absolutely perfectly. The accompanying rice was nicely flavored and the broccoli and asparagus (also accompanying the entree) was perfectly flavored and cooked. A hint of crisp - al dente to perfection. I love scallops but they are often not cooked properly and become bitter. Not the case at One West - these were perfect, and everything was hot. Hubby had bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with smashed potatoes and vegi. He said everything was excellent. We were both so happy with our meals that we didn't want to trade bites. Our waitress was very accommodating and re-lit our candle, checked on us when needed. A tad slow with bringing wine but her pleasant demeanor made up for it. It was a bit pricey for us but we had a coupon and the whole meal was more than reasonable once the coupon deduction was applied.
I highly recommend this restaurant if you're in the mood for great food and a quiet, romantic evening in an upscale atmosphere.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Located in the Crowne Plaza hotel you would expect this restaurant to be a typical hotel quality place. Well - OK - you are next to the pool and the bar circles around most of it but it is quiet - even when full (unless there is a sports game on the television and a lot of people at the bar watching it) and the atmosphere is comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly and they are comfortable describing the food. If they don't know what something is they find out for you and let you know. The Chef is usually around and will come out and talk to you as well if you want. There usually is a special at lunch and another one at dinner in addition to the regular menus. Last year, during a snowstorm I ended up spending over a week there due to having to be at the hospital for daily treatments. The service made me feel very comfortable and their attentiveness and willingness to go the extra mile for dietary restrictions was beyond the call of duty. So even if you aren't staying at the hotel you might want to still visit the restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We wandered into One West after a charity auction held at The Crowne Plaza. We split an appetizer of fried mushrooms, a salad, and a turkey club. All food items were excellent, well-presented, and very generously portioned. Waitress was very cordial and efficient. Service from the kitchen was rather slow, however. I would eat here aain, as long I was not in a hurry.