“Poor manners from owner”

Flavours Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Pittsfield
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Every dish is cooked to order and please give yourself enough time to enjoy your food by coming in early if you have tickets to shows.Gluten Free, Vegan and lots of Vegetarian dishes to pick from.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Poor manners from owner”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I ordered a dish that was overcooked and I felt absolutely terrible about sending it back.

I never like to be THAT person, but when a dish isn't right... It just isn't right.

I had the displeasure of being served by the owner of the restaurant who was extraordinarily rude to me when I sent my dish back and was borderline aggressive.

I'm stunned by how poorly I was treated. I'm a local...a respectful local. Flavours...you're better than what you displayed. At least I think you are.

Diners: to avoid this treatment, I would suggest visiting Spice Dragon in Pittsfield, Jae's Spice in Lenox or Pho Saigon in Lee.

• Visited March 2014
6 Thank keepitclassy01201
FlavoursOfMalaysia, Owner at Flavours Restaurant, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Well, she came in with two of my regular customers, she asked for grilled ahi tuna and wanted it rare. When I went to check if everything is ok, she said no, I want to send it back because it's overcooked. She did cut it open and clearly it was just seared on the outside and really pink on the inside. All I said was 'it's rare inside' and she looked at me and said 'really? Really? Are you going to argue with me?'. I then didn't say anything else but took it off her bill!
She has to understand that we're not a Japanese restaurant and we clearly stated in our menu that it's the grilled ahi tuna not sashimi.....

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Vegetarian heaven”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great choices for vegetarians and those with food allergies. This restaurant caters to people who are limited as to the foods they can eat.

• Visited February 2014
Sugar Land, Texas
“Great Find in the Berkshires”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I was in Pittsfield with a group of 10 on a work trip. We went to Flavours and none of us were disappointed. Great food, good craft beers, and friendly service.

Visited February 2014
White Plains, NY
“Keep coming back”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We come to the Berkshires for summer and winter weekends, and have visited Flavours several times. This place is consistently excellent. The food is super, and the family-atmosphere means that the service just feels personal. The Chef-owner couple are terrific.

Medford, New York
“Not to be missed.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My family and I went to Pittsfield, MA for a getaway vacation to be sold a timeshare. As we're not skiiers, there is limited things to be done in Pittsfield or Berkshire county in February when you don't ski. I had the pleasure of choosing dinner for our group one of the nights we were in town. I came across this restaurant on TripAdvisor and, due to its high ratings, gave it a shot. I wasn't disappointed.

Keep in mind, this restaurant stands out in a culinary desert - there are very few options for exciting, flavorful dining in this area. I had never to this point tried Malaysian food, but I will most certainly try it again. What I came to learn is that Malaysian is an amalgamation of the food from Malay, China, Japan, Thailand, and India. What this gives you is a menu that suits all palates from the adventurous to the safe.

I highly recommend the egg drop soup with corn, the chicken and potato curry, and the Flavours favorite platter.

The staff and owner were very friendly and even gave my son toys to play with so he would be entertained during our meal.

If I lived closer, i'd be a regular at this place. If you're visiting in the area, I definitely recommend!

• Visited February 2014