“Comically horrible.”

Dolce Wood Fired Italian Grille
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relax and enjoy the conversation at Dolce Wood Fired Italian Grille! Whether it's a business lunch, date night, or some much needed family time - our intimate setting is conducive for a refreshingly nice sit-down. Dolce's vast menu includes delicious appetizers, authentic dishes, artisan pizzas, and daily specials. In addition, our carefully selected wine list and specialty cocktails will surely add flavor to your already exceptional dining experience.Book your Holiday Party or catered event today!Kids Eat Free* on Wednesday from now until the end of the year.* Dine-In only, children under 12, must order off the children's menu, one free meal per adult entree.
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin....I suggest the owner change the name to Dolce pizzeria because the food that was passed off as Italian was pathetic. The bread was probably the best part, despite the fact that spanish olives were used instead of kalamata olives. My fiance ordered a 3 olive martini...but, they had run out of olives. Apparently they ran out of booze too because the martini tasted like water with a twist. The second of many dissappointments. We were very surprised that no veal dishes were offerred in an italian restaurant. I ordered chicken rosa and my fiance ordered chicken marsala. I asked for no mushroons, but was told the mushroons were already mixed in. Red Flag. Pre-made sauce...uh oh. I ordered my dish with penne instead of linguini.
The food is served and the laughter ensued. I didnt get penne and the server didnt check back probably because if embarrassment over serving this food. My sauce and the marsala sauce was brown gravy with something mixed in to make it sweeter. How dare they try to call that marsala. It didnt even remotely resemble marsala sauce. The 'proscuitti' on my chicken was a few grades below market basket shaved ham. The chicken tasted like gas, but the brown gravy pretty much over powered that.
The prices for these two dishes was outrageous. We paid $16 for chicken and pasta tossed in brown gravy.
If your looking for pizza, maybe this place is okay, but if you want food that is even close to italian, dont go here. We were starving, so we ate, but my leftovers went to the dog. Expensive meal for a dog. We will NEVER be back.

2  Thank madscientist88

Reviewed April 26, 2012

yummy pizza with real mozzerella - good company supportive of community events and schools.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

So nice to have great, upscale food right in town. Always a great meal! Try the garlic knots!! The Italian Sandwich is one of my favorites.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We saw this restaurant advertised during a Boston Bruins Hockey game and the town is literally 20 mins away from us. I called at 6pm on a Sat night and they said there was no wait, which was like a red flag. She said she'd put me down for a table, so I did. We got there and was pleasantly surprised how nice inside it was, open, clean, wide screen tvs, bar by the wood fired ovens, full bar service. The hostess and waitresses were excellent.

We ordered 2 soda's, 2 Martini's $6.50 each, very strong and did not skimp on the booze and big huge glasses too. This drink in Westford, MA would go for $11, so a lot for your $$. We ordered the fried Calamari, with fried cherry pepper rings, sauce and a lemon wedge $8, very good, hot. Could have been a bit more crispy but still very good. 2 Pizza's, 1 Med, 1 Large, excellent with good crust. My son got the Linguine and homemade (2) meatballs. I tried it and it was cooked perfectly (could have been fresh pasta-that's how good it was). Came with a good size salad, with tax, and tip $82. Would definetly go back. Quiet night there, but it is the Sat of April school vacation. I'd go back and try a pasta dish, seeing that I had some of my son's pasta, very good and everything was piping hot!!!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I live in Pepperell and this is the only nice dine-in restaurant we have in town. The building Dolce's is in use to be a bank but you would never know when you walk in. The interior is small but nicely decorated and very comfortable. We dined on a Wednesday night. We did make a reservation because there were 8 of us but it was not super busy so walk-ins should be OK at least on a weekday. Not sure how busy Dolce's is on a weekend night. We ordered several flavors of their wings for appetizers and they were very good and everyone seemed to enjoy their main entree. Will definitely dine there again!!