“absolute dump avoid”

and 1 more site!
The Kingfisher Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wall Heath
Reviewed October 30, 2013

i have travelled commercially for the last 25 years and this is by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Words can;t begin to describe the amount of dirt and faults with this hotel. Lets begin I arrived at eh hotel to be greeted with "Are you paying cash or card?" "cos we charge a £1 for cards" although I had pre booked online they hadn't a clue who I was. After they had checked me in and gestured to the corner of them room while presenting me with a dirty looking key I was told my room was through the door and on the right. I will list the faults chronologically while travelling along the dirty corridor on the dirty carpet I was beginning too wonder could my room possibly be as bad as the walls leading too my room entered my room through the dirty door when greeted with a damp smell my fears were confirmed the walls were worse badly stained carpet oldest tv i have ever seen with 2 fuzzy channels grimed in net curtains broken and hanging down curtains dirty uncleaned windows surprsed too find clean sheets on the bed unfortunately bed covers didn;t look like they had been cleaned for many days and smelt damp the mattress was thread bare and looked like it had a hernia of springs could the bathroom be worse any corner was dirty non slip bath mat was mould infested it was a major feet too get the toilet to flush the bath had a feeling of sandpaper under foot i dread top think the decor was dated and unloved WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER DUMP. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!!!!

Room Tip: avoid all rooms are same im sure
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mark g

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Regardless of the price and the convenience, never stay at this hole!! All the bad reviews are correct. It's a shame thats its next to the Country Club because they are separately owned and the meal we had in there was great! I'm not going to list the faults in this hotel, just check out the customers pictures. I would recommend this hotel to be bulldozed ASAP.

Room Tip: Sleep in the car!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gavlar72
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I booked this hotel at very short notice. It is dirty words cant describe it I cant list all the faults there are too many. There where stains all over the walls. The bed well springs gallore. The bathroom was dirty groating indescribable. Mugs chiped. Cupboards falling to peices. To make ut worse we had no choice we had to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Linda B
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Not sure how to describe this place.never seen so much mould in one room.i felt sick to the stomach because of how this place can stay open.god only knows.the pictures on web site show a different image to what you get,

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Spongerobertsquare
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a disgusting hole of a hotel...... HOTEL ! that word is a joke. I cannot even imagine where to start this review but if i just mention that i had to sleep at the other end of the bed because the head boards were a dirty brown colour from peoples head sweat and fluids then i think you get the general idea !!!! Its making me heave just writing this review for the unsuspecting public.
Breakfast in a BOX !!! what a joke, NO hotel bar, the bar is a seperate going concern at the front of the building. Other faults .... too numerous too mention. The place reminded me of a dosshouse in digbeth !!!!
I will be making a formal complaint.
THIS FACILITY SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 399PhilW
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The staff are rude and unhelpful, in fact when I tried to check in the receptionist was downstairs talking to some delivery guy.... I waited 20 minutes to check in.

The rooms are dirty and untidy and I am sure there has been a recent fire there. I stayed in the room for one hour and when I discovered the shower didn't work and the TV was broken I went straight back to reception and checked out. Thankfully the Travelodge near by had a spare room so I could stay there.

This so called hotel needs to be closed down, refurbished and taken over by proper managers

Room Tip: Always read the reviews first and trust what people say
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Georgeygirl2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

booked to stay at this hotel for 1 night and booked the honeymoon suite as the other rooms looked not so good, travelled for 4 hours and arrived at night time ( I had spoken to the hotel to confirm our time of arrival ) to be told by the hotel that the suite I had booked wasn't available and there was only 1 room left which they described as a executive double, I would of described it as a cheap budget double, the bath was dirty with lime scale running down it and the hot tap wouldn't switch off so it ran all night long, the TV only had 1 channel and I had to tune it in manually , and to top it all off the guy on reception tried to charge me the same price that I was going to pay for the honeymoon suite, when I complained they tried to charge me more than they are advertising for a double on the website...never ever again would I stay in this hovel, anyone looking at reviews please take notice of the reviews on this hotel as I ignored them and thought I would see for myself and what a mistake that was ..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hobbitnige

Been to The Kingfisher Hotel? Share your experiences!