“Always a Nice Meal”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am always so happy with everything I order at Café Eleganza, I love the baked Haddock and my husband always orders the Veal Roberto.The staff and owner are always happy to see you and aim to please. It is our go to place when we want something cooked perfectly and priced reasonably.

TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words and appreciation. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review
T.J. Pugliese

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here recently with friends for dinner. The limp-crusted bread for the table, and the soggy bruschetta were immediate turn-offs. The caeser salad was way too salty.

However, the entrees were quite good (the "Baked Arriabiata" was labelled as "spicy" and - wonder-of-wonders-in-MA - it actually WAS. A perfect sized serving of really tasty meatballs, sausage and penne. The wine was very nice indeed! And the live entertainment was good (if you came of age in the 1960's)...I ams ure they have different acts each weekend, so check ahead for age appropriateness.

Bottom Line: The entrees are up to snuff, but not necessarily the appetizers. Give it a try if you are in the area - for the price charged, it is a true value!

TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. I would be interested in the type of music you would like to see and your approx age .
As for the bread-it is homemade and cooked all day long for 25 years. It is done in roasting ovens and is not a crispy type bread. That being said, if someone wants a crispier crust, we can do that in a few minutes in the pizza oven. Our bread is a denser style and will absorb liquids as in a bruschetta except the edges should be crisp. As a side note, our bread makes awesome French toast due ti it's denseness. My e-mail is tjp@pastaeleganza.com and welcome any feedback

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I tried out Cafe Eleganza tonight for the first time and we were happy we did. The service was very good as we were seated right away and our waitress was attentive. She gave us water and bread with oil/cheese mixture to start and took our drink orders. My husband had a salad to start and I had clam chowder. The chowder was good, although not the best I've ever had. There were lots of clams in it, medium thickness. For dinner my husband had one of the specials, a filet with crab meat on top with a sweet potato and broccoli. He said it was great and ate every bite. I had the linguine with clams. There were a lot of clams, and they were small which I absolutely love. Unfortunately I felt they were a little overcooked, but otherwise it was good. Wish we had saved room for dessert! We will definitely come back another time.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We happened upon Cafe Eleganza when we were going to the consignment shops next door. We were hungry and thought why not. My wife and I were very plased with the drinks, food, service and ambiance. The Cafe has become our Special restaurant of choice. Our initial thought that this restaurant was exceptional was correct. If you visit, the specials are always great and when offered the Ladies portion is always enough. Music Friday and Saturday night is also a draw for us. We just enjoy it there for many reasons!

TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for the kind words

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cafe Eleganza has become a reliable spot for quality fare at reasonable prices. There is a nice ambience here with friendly service. In the past, we have ordered "pans" of Italian specialties to bring home...an exceptional value. This is one of those places that doesn't come quick to mind when we are thinking about dining out for the evening, Yet, everytime we come here, we wonder why we don't visit more often. That is about to change. You can't go wrong here. Enjoy!

TJ P, Manager at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you very much for the kind words and for taking the time to write this
Thanks