“Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Pearl River, United States
“Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Its a great and beautifully decorated hotel with a very outgoing and helpful staff. The lobby was a very welcoming area leaving room for our group of 9 to gather comfortably and feel like we were in our own living room. It is also in a great location to get into Salem, MA where we went sightseeing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for the GREAT review!
We are indeed located near Salem, MA. Hope you had a great weekend visiting all the local sights and sounds. Please come visit us again in the near future, you are always welcome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Auburndale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'm a die hard Hampton Inn fan for business travel and I have never had a "bad stay" at any Hampton but this trip, Hampton Inn here kind of fell of the benchmark a little.

First the good:
Great beds as always, best in the industry.
Good breakfast too.
Fast reliable Internet wi-fi

Where did they fall down:

TV reception spotty with times of total failure, like right in the middle of the show I stayed up to see!

5:00am and the coffee maker is kaput.....shame on you Hampton Inn I am a grumbly bear without morning coffee. To their credit it was replaced second day of stay.

The desk chair. OK Hampton, as a chain you are not hitting the mark here. I am 6'2" 230 lbs. I can't use the desk, my computer or write form a chair that cannot maintain proper height or so cheap the hydraulics are shot! This was totally irritating and is a chain wide problem they need to address especially for your business customers. Cheap desk chairs suck! Re-think this and don't skimp on price for this item of furniture in your rooms.

Snow an dice removal on sidewalks and parking lot. For crying out loud Hampton, call the parking lot plower and call in the maintenance guy with some salt and a snow shovel and clear the walks for your guests safety.A slip and fall lawsuit is a lot more expensive than a little overtime.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Kurt B
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day.
We are also sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasent as you might have hoped it to be. Unfortunatly, our hotel does provide Dish tv service and if it rains or snows hard the dish on the roof does get covered and cause static or causes channels to not function correctly. I was surprised to hear about the snow and ice situation because we do have a snow removal service and they also provides extra salt for the sidewalks. i will follow-up with our snow removal company. The chairs in the rooms are indeed a Hampton standard item.
Thank you again for your honest feedback and we will work on the issues that you recommanded. We also strive to become better. Hopefully you will give our hotel another chance in the near future and see our improvments. If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Fredericksburg, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I had a great experience at the Hampton. My children really enjoyed the heated pool and the unlimited supply of hot chocolate. My husband and I enjoyed the very comfortable, spacious bed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review we really appreciate it, and thank you for the kind words.
We will make sure to keep a few cups of warm chocolate ready for you for the next visit.
If you have any questions please dont hesitate to call me.
Virginia Beach, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Located on U.S. 1 about 20 minutes from Logan Airport, the Hampton Inn-Peabody is a convenient hotel to the Boston areas North Shore and the many businesses and attractions in the vicinity. This hotel is in a perfect location for those that are visiting the Peabody, Salem, and Cape Ann areas with easy access to I-95 and US-1. The lobby and rooms are attractive and the staff quite helpful. For those not intimidated by Boston area traffic, this hotel is an affordable alternative to other Hilton properties closer to the heart of Boston.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for the GREAT review, we are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family/friends back to our hotel in the future. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

This is not the first time I have stayed at this property. I haven't been here in a while due to my travel schedule, but I was welcomed back by the staff. They remodeled the lobby and breakfast area and it looks great. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I am happy with the property and I will return more often as my schedule allows.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you SO much for teh Great review!
We really vaule our guests especially our returning guests.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our new hotel look, it does make things flow a bit easier we believe.
If there is anything that we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Netcong, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and it was ok, The elevators are very slow though, and the front door to the lobby opens a little to slowly. There is no resturant but the breakfast is decent and there are many resturants in the vicinity that are good. The dollar value of this hotel is average.

Good-day,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.
The front doors do indeed open and close a bit slow it is an older system and we are looking into possible updating.
Thank you for your review once again.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Phoenix, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would not stay at this hotel again. The complimentary breakfast is awful; the traffic noise is loud. Unlike most Hampton's I have visited, this one does not offer any microwaveable meals or snacks and the front desk suggested I walk over to the Homewood Suites next door to see what they might have. Maybe I should have just stayed there. The fitness center is not equipped with anything but a treadmill, bike and elliptical, no weights or towels. The hotel was clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Good-day,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize you were disappointed in your visit. We do our best to provide quality service and amenities and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
No photo provided
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!