“Not fantastic”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
New York City, New York
“Not fantastic”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked this day of arrival, got a rate of $154. Found coupon for $99 en route, but was told they didn't accept it. I asked if there was anything they could do and was told no. Ok. Place looked fine from lobby.

Room was clean and adequate. However, had to have our shower curtain changed because of the overwhelming smell of mold. Desk person did this immediately and with a smile.

There was water damage in ceiling of shower. Definitely in need of upkeep/repairs.

Breakfast was good. Pool was good. Pretty much just disgusted with them refusing to discount room with coupon THEY put out, and the moldy-smelling shower curtain.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have view of Boston.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback!
We apologize that you didn't enjoy your full stay with us. It is true that we don't always accept the coupons it has to do with the percentages of occupancy as stated on the coupon.
I am sorry to hear that the shower curtains in your room had a bad smell; I am glad that somebody took care of it right away. Our Housekeeping team does clean the shower curtains, so I will follow up with them as to why this was not done in your room. Our chief engineer has been notified about the ceiling damage and it will be fixed right away, thank you for that tip.
I really hope that you do reconsider staying with us in the near future. Please give me a call before you check-in and I will try my best to accommodate you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
EASTON
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I travel every week for work and spend about 40 weeks a year in a hotel. This is the first encounter with bed bugs! I walked in the room and all the lights were on. That was curious. The next day I left and turned all the lights off, when I returned all the lights were on again... I mean ALL the lights. The following day, bites started showing up. A string of 5 bites in a line on my hand and a few others.

I immediately looked up bedbugs as I thought that was the culprit. Bedbugs bite in a line which is apparently unique and they hide in the light, so obviously the management is aware since ALL the lights are on.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank GREG P
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Good day,

We apologize that your stay was not pleasant.
As soon as you checked out and notified the Front Desk about the problem in your room my operational manager and myself ran up to the room to investigate the problem. We saw no signs of any bed bugs or any bugs for that matter. Just as an extra precaution I contact Ecolab, who sent over a profession investigator for these matters. His report stated that no bugs or insects of any kind were present in the room. We have never had any issues with any bugs in the hotel. I hope that this puts you at ease,
I hope that you will come to our property again in the near future and we can show you our high level of service and cleanliness. Please feel free to give me a call if you have any question.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were in town for a party in Danvers. This location made it easy to get around. The staff was really friendly - Thanks Brittany! and the rooms were well kept and quiet. My only complaint was the A/C - it was loud. We tried just keeping the fan on low, as white noise, but then the room wasn't as cool as it could have been.

Room Tip: I always choose a high floor away from the elevator - in this case that meant we were across from th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review!
The connects to major highways does make this hotel an convenient pit stop.
I have notified our engineering team to take a look at the A/C unit that was in your room.
I will let Brittany that she is doing a wonderful job.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Durham, Connecticut
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is exceptional. The front desk personnel were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and the rooms were clean. The one thing that was the worse was the traffic outside. It is not the hotels fault but route 1 is so busy it is difficult to get to get out. They will shuttle you to restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your great review!
The traffic and the way the roads are constructed here are indeed a bit tricky. It does connect to a number of major highways which is very convenient.
I really hope that this doesn't detour you from staying with us again in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to make your stay even more memorial able.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, spacious rooms, plenty of parking, convenient drive to Boston and vicinity attractions. I found the breakfast to be fine, but some of the hot items had to be microwaved to be good temperature to eat. The coffee was excellent, available almost all day. They even had lemonade, iced tea, and flavored icies and ice cream in the lobby. Very convenient to restaurants (fish, Italian, pizza, Wendys, Sonic) most within walking distance, and I mean steps away! I would have liked a refrigerator in the room, though. Overall, a very nice place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your great review!
I am glad to hear that you liked our extra amenities during your check-in. We try our best to impress our guests upon arrival.
We do have refrigerators available upon request, so please let us know next time before you arrive and we will make sure that one is ready in your room. Hope to welcome you and your family again in the near future.
Alta Loma, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The friendliness and professionalism of the staff make this a 5 star hotel. It is easy to get to local sites and has some great Boston food close by. I would highly recommend this for a family vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your AWESOME review!!
We are so delighted that you and your family had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Feel free to give me a call if I can help make your stay even better next time.
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here because of its proximity to Salem and Boston, and because other Hampton Inn hotels have met or exceeded our expectations. This hotel will not disappoint you. It is an excellent value. The room was very clean and comfortable. The friendly, up beat staff were impressive. Traveling to Boston was fast and easy in the morning down Route 1. The drive to Salem for dinner the night before was also easy. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review!
We always strive to make our survice level be the best it can be..
Hopefully we will get the opportunity soon to welcome you again to our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!