“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Quebec, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights with my 2 daughters, who both enjoyed the pool a lot even though all the adults agreed that it was a little bit cold. The breakfast was great as it usually is in Hampton Inns, and the staff was very helpful. The proximity of Boston was perfect, this is a great value when you visit the city. The only downside compared to the others Hamptons I've been to are the double beds (all the others Hamptons Inn I've been to have queen beds). But I knew what I was getting, so I'm not blaming the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review on trip advisor, we really appreciate it! Also thank you for your feedback we will inform our engineering team about the swimming pool and get the temperature up.
We hope to see you again at our hotel soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Lynnfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've stayed at Hampton Inn's often over the years and always found them to be reliable and offer a pleasant experience. This particular Hampton Inn was a bit of a disappointment. Although the front desk agent was very friendly on arrival, I experienced a bit of a problem the following day when trying to call into my room to speak to my daughter from an outside source. The person that answered the phone asked me who I was calling to speak to, even though I had asked her to please connect me to room #123. I was taken back by her question, as I've never been asked to reveal the name of the person I wanted to speak to when calling someone in their room. I asked the woman why she needed to know who I wanted to talk to and she told me that it was for security purposes. Gee, I didn't realize that I was asking to be connected to the President, for Pete's sake. Anyway, I got a bit annoyed and gave her my name and said I was calling someone IN MY ROOM. She was very annoyed with my reply and was rather rude when she finally did transfer my call. That alone put a bad taste in my mouth regarding this hotel. Also, although the room was neat and clean it did not have a refrigerator in it so that was a setback for us. Most of the Hampton Inn's we've stayed at have small refrigerators in the rooms. The breakfast was fair. Eggs that looked like they came from a powdered mix and bacon that was undercooked. But there was a good selection of cereals, bagels and muffins along with fruit. There are several other hotels in this area to stay at so next time I'll avoid staying at this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good-day,
Thank you for your feedback and review on trip advisor we appreciate you taking the time out of your day.
When somebody calls the hotel and asks for the room number we have to ask for the name of the person in the room to confirm that it is the correct individual(s) being connected. This is also done to provide any extra level of security, mainly to avoid issues like fraud. We apologize if this experience felt uncomfortable to you. I have been looking at our breakfast items and we are in the process of improving our quality, thank you for the feedback. We really do hope that you give our hotel another chance in the near future.
St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great place to stay when visiting Boston. Great staff, clean, very good breakfast (included). If by car you have about a 15min drive to Wonderland parking facility ($5 for full day) from this station you have access to the whole Greater Boston area via the public commuter train system and it was soooo simple. Repeat anytime.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Guido R, Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate your input.
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you once again to our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your future stay even more pleasurable.
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed June 24, 2013

we stayed here as a part of a group. Front desk staff were nice at all times and also the people at breakfast. Room was clean and neat. Bathroom was adequate. Complementary breakfast was excellent with many items to choose from. We didn't hear any noise from the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
denver, co
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Most hampton inn's are great properties, this was not a very good experience. Lots of remnance of prior smoking in our room and in hallway. Don't expect to get a great night of sleep either as the beds are very uncomfortable and the A/C unit is very outdated and far too loud for sleeping. I would not recommend this hotel.

2 Thank ramirault
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. You will be glad to know that we are currently working on solutions to clear the smoking rooms of any residual smells, including the hallways. We hope that you will come back to our hotel in the near future and give us another chance as we are making constant improvements to our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel (978-536-2020) if you wish to stay with us again. We will make sure that your stay will be up to par.
essex
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in June.
To say that the staff were helpful would be an under statement as they could not do enough for us in respect of directions and restaurant recommendations.
The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
The free breakfast was extremely good with plenty of fruit, cereals, coffee and pastries.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive review. We also love to hear great feedback, I will make sure to spread the good review to our staff. Hopefully we can provide you with great service again in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Asked for low floor and not near elevator. Where did I end up?... Right next to elevator on top floor. VERY VERY poor hot water pressure. Water trickled out of shower and faucet at 800 am. The breakfast was the least impressive of any Hampton I have stayed at. The location is not the best due to the road in front of the hotel being one way and not able to easily drive to the other side. AC in room is set at 63 degrees and still not cooling. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am sorry for the experiences that you had, but appreciate your input. This will help us address similar concerns for future guests and for you, if you wish to stay with us again. If that event arises, please feel free to contact me directly, prior to your arrival at 978-536-2020 as I would like to ensure a more enjoyable stay for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!