“Reasonable rates near Cambridge” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody

Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable rates near Cambridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

If you're visiting Cambridge, but you don't want to pay the ridiculously high hotel prices near Harvard; stay at the Hampton Inn in Peabody, Mass. It was just 6 miles from there and the usual clean room with included hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank BrickLeb
josephvancini, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your experience after your stay in late October. We very much appreciate the kind words and we are very proud of our team and product.

Your business is greatly appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Moncton, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

After going around and around trying to get to this hotel, it's a pain to get to, they refused my coupon at 1am. Probably because they thought I wouldnt leave, but I did.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your experience after your stay with us in late October.
The "Room Saver" rate is a space available basis as it states on the coupon in the booklet.
Our hotel was in peak season the last weekend of October and I am sorry that we could not honor your request.

I look to welcome you again in the near future!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

My mom and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on the last leg of our vacation earlier in the week. It was awkwardly situated between two very busy roads. Thankfully, I had GPS so it was fairly easy to find. If you don't have GPS, be sure to print out directions and read them carefully. The bright side is that there is a Trader Joe's right up the street, so you can buy munchies for your room. Upon check-in, the staff was very, very nice. The young lady who checked us in, Janelle(?), was efficient and more than gracious when we requested to change our room. The rooms were surprisingly nice for a Hampton Inn as they have been recently remodeled. Most importantly, they are QUIET and CLEAN. Very clean. Luxury? No. Of course not. But fine for a new nights? Absolutely, and this is coming from someone who is picky about hotels. The not so great: the free breakfast is not my thing. I will never understand why hotels like this don't just offer one or two high quality choices instead of a buffet of fattening junk. The elevators are impossibly slow and the hallways are blazing hot. If you are noise sensitive, do yourself a huge favor and ask for a room away from the elevator. The ding of the elevator is quite loud. The last thing that I found bothersome was the smoking in the stairwells. I used the stairwells multiple times during my stay and every single time, they were filled with cigarette smoke. I acknowledge that this is the fault of lazy, filthy smokers rather than the hotel, but I think that management should reiterate during check-in that the hotel, at least the stairwells, are strictly non-smoking.

Overall, I think this is a perfectly lovely place to stay. For a Hampton Inn, it's very nice. If I were in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator if you are noise sensitive. The rooms at the end of the halls...
1 Thank Denver_Dog
Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at our hotel in Peabody, MA.

I appreciate your kind words on our team member and that you found our hotel clean. Our hotel does not allow smoking in our stairway areas and I have asked our housekeeping/desk team to inspect those areas several times a day. Our smoking areas are located at the side doors of the property and are special designated areas.

I hope to welcome you back soon and very much appreciate your business!
Manahawkin, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have to say 1st thing the check in process is FAST, we arrived on Friday and we were in our room within 5 min of walking thru the door. The staff is friendly and helpful. I was told prior to arriving that I should ask for a King room with a cot because we were a party of 5 and it would not fit well in a double room, it was a perfect fit with room to open the sofa bed and be able to still have a path to the bathroom. The room was very clean and there was a lap desk on the bed with info, and they wrote the internet access code on our key holder before i even asked. Only thing missing was the remote, I called the front desk and spoke to Tracey and within 10 min a remote was there. The only problem room wise was the bathroom, I had 4 boys with me and if you did more than pee in the toilet it would back up. We had to call for a plunger 3 times in a day. You have to flush, then use SOME paper, flush again and repeat. I guess the water pressure it not that good. Aside from that the room was clean and perfect. Breakfast was decent, you can't expect eggs Benedict at a free breakfast. The coffee was cold, but the microwave is right next to it. There is an assortment of juices in the machine, which is turned off when breakfast is over. They should keep it on, i had a little one who wanted juice and 1 employee was nice enough to "sneak" him some lol. The staff was unreal, not snobby, very nice, I asked about a late check out because we wanted to leave by 1pm and check out was 11am. and I was told "all done, enjoy your night". If you are going to Salem, ask for the shuttle bus flyer, I have been going up here for a few years now and the shuttle is 12.00 and you can go back and forth all day and night, its a great deal and if you have never been to Salem, ask the driver where to eat and he will tell you some good spots, try the hot dog place!! Back to the hotel, it is on a busy road, but all of them in the area are in the same spot, it does have a tricky drive, and if you miss it, it's a pain to drive all the way down to turn around, to drive back down and turn around again. So keep you eyes peeled, its right before the Wendy's, and after Sonic. The fitness room has standard fare, good enough for someone who needs some workout time, and was clean and had flat screens. The pool was warm and clean. My only problem with the pool is it was open from 9am-9pm. When the kids came back from Salem they wanted to go in the pool, even the first night it was 8:40 and the kids could not use it. At least raise the hour to midnight. That's still an acceptable hour. There are vending machines on the first floor with sodas and candy. Not way overpriced. Try the Pizza place next to Wendy's when your there, it is UNREAL! get the garlic one, as long as you are not kissing someone later! This hotel is great for the family, clean, roomy, and I cannot say enough about the helpfulness and familiarization of the staff to call you by name. Parking is abundant, we faced the road and did not hear anything and we were on the 4th floor. I have stayed at 4 hotels here so far and I like this one the best! Check it out!

Room Tip: If you are more than 4, make sure to book a king room and an emphasize that you NEED the cot for the...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to share your experience after your recent stay at our hotel.
Salem is only a short drive from the hotel and it is very easy to get to/from that area. The north of Boston area is very historic and our hotel is located close to many historical areas.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you for your business!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I found this to be a typical Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly, the room was clean, and the breakfast was good. The only issue I could see is that it is on an extremely busy road and was a little confusing for us out of towners to get to from the main highways. Our GPS gave us some wacky directions which caused us to get lost a few times when coming back from Salem, but that is not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights in Sept. We are HHonors members and choose one of the Hilton properties whenever possible, so went for this one even though our actual destination was Salem. The hotel is about 30-45 minutes from Logan Airport and the drive into Salem is a reasonably pleasant 15-20 minutes through attractive neighborhoods. Having said that, the hotel is positioned so the only access is from the northbound lanes of a divided highway. That proved to be a big time-waster, especially since we didn't know the quick way around and ended up going miles out of our way. The next morning we asked at the front desk and were given a small hand-drawn map because their guests "complain about that all the time." So why not automatically offer the map at check-in?

The room was decent; the furniture was in good shape and it was clean. I prefer the separate vanity of the newer H.I.s but this was fine. Breakfast had a smaller variety than other H.I.s I've stayed in, and there was a heavy concentration of carbs--H.I.'s gruesome French toast sticks and breakfast potatoes--no meat or eggs.

Enjoyed the pizza at Santarpio's next door and especially enjoyed being able to walk to it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bellmore, Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Spent 2 nights in this hotel. We decided only 2 days in advance to visit Salem to catch all the festivals going on in October. This hotel is about 9 miles outside of the historical district - about 15 minute drive. Prices were a somewhat hight due to the time of the year. I was amazed to see that the hotel was listed as a Catagory 3 (would have expected higher, so I used Hilton points for one night that reduced costs.

Joyce, the person at the front desk was extremely helpful. She was efficient, friendly and had to juggle between our check-in and a phone call and did it without making me wait or feel rushed. Can't say too much about her. She was wonderful.

The indoor pool was nice -- really warm just the way I like it. No hot tub, but I spent almost an hour in the pool which was very unexpected. I only wished they kept it open later than 9pm -- that seemed very early to close it down.

Room was spotless, and seemed recently renovated or just very well maintained. Everything worked, had a flat screen TV, channel directory was attached to a mini table on the bed, free wireless internet, plenty of outlets. Hotel was laid out in a way the rooms were not too far from the elevator. Seemed to be ample parking right in front of the hotel, and they had rolling carts to help with luggage.

Breakfast included eggs (those premade kind which are not my favorite, but most places don't even have this), sausage, waffles, bagles, assorted buns, cereals, and lots more. Plenty of tables so no waiting which was nice - and we were there at a busy time.

The drive to Salem was a bit further than expected, but not bad. All hotels in Salem were booked and cost lots more. Plenty of family resturants nearby. In all, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Bring your swimsuit - pool is really warm.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RetiredTravler1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
North Shore Hotel
North Shore Hotel
#2 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!