All reviews evening reception full kitchen separate bedroom right next door living area sonic drive home away from home very nice hotel hot breakfast waffles fast food front desk staff free breakfast convenient location indoor pool new england cookies
Reviewed January 15, 2009

When I was planning our first family vacation (husband, self, children age 9, 8, 4 and 2) I took a lot of time to evaulate the different hotels and what a room price would include. It is very hard to find a hotel to accommodate 6 people, regardless of their size (the 2 year old doesn't take up much room!)
I had narrowed the field down to the Hilton Homewood Suites and another hotel, and after realizing that the Hilton offered a free breakfast and supper (Manager's Reception) daily (Mon - Fri) I went with the Hilton (for the three days we were there, that was 48 meals I didn't have to spend money on!) There was a variety of items to choose from and only once did we have to run next door to Wendy's for something for one of the children who only eats certain food. The food was tasty and filling.
The rooms were excellent and very well laid out (good use of space). They held our family of 6 comfortably.
The pool was vacant everytime we went down (twice a day). Very clean and well looked after. We were sightseeing during the day and would come back to the hotel in the afternoon (went down during a heat wave, and the temperatures were nothing like we were used to) so we appreciated the pool.
We called down for a crib and some blankets and they were brought up right away.
After taking the Salem Ferry to Boston and back, our 8 yr old had some motion sickness, and I went to the front desk to find out where the closest drugstore was. The blonde employee (I should have wrote her name down) was so helpful, I was to the store and back within 10 minutes. She was so very helpful with any requests we had.
As this was the first stop on our vacation and we were heading to another Hilton Homesuites in Springfield, I was extremely satisfied with all aspects of the hotel stay.
My only reservation prior to arriving was the topic of getting into the hotel parking lot from the highway. Other reviewers complained about the u-turn that had to be made. I was nervous about this as I'm not use to city traffic. The posters didn't mention it was a legal u-turn and very well regulated with a traffic light. After doing it once, it was no problem (may have had something to do with the GPS we had in the van, but it wasn't too intimidating).
My only complaint about this hotel is that it raised my expectations so much that when I stay in other hotels now, they seem kind of scuzzy. I'm always comparing them to the Hilton, and they never seem to meet the Homestead's quality.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank TignishTraveller
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I travel a lot for business and personal and generally stay at Hilton properties. This Homewood Suites is probably the worse I've stayed in. The noise from the road is clearly heard in the rooms. There was only 1 tv controller in my room (and it didn't work), but two tvs. My bathroom had hair all over it. The internet connection was slow. The breakfast tables were dirty and there was only one individual working the breakfast and it appeared he couldn't keep up with getting food out and cleaning.

I've always had great experiences with Homewood Suites, this one just seemed a little poorly run.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank maninmirror
Reviewed October 22, 2008

In general we've had good experiences with the Homewood Suites line of hotels and I know it is petty to complain about $3, however I had to inquire why at the Peabody hotel I had this additional charge. I was told by the property it was for local calls. The only calls that we made in the 12 hrs. we were there were 3 calls to the front desk!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????? Jeez I could have called from my cell phone for free. Calling customer service was a dead end and they say I have to call the hotel. Then customer service has the nerve to send me an email confirming that everything was resolved, when they've done NOTHING! Of course I email back saying no nothing has been resolved and never heard back. Clearly they care (NOT) So don't bother touching the phones in your room...

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Springhurst
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We just got back from 3 nights and strongly recommend this hotel. Rooms were very well maintained, LARGE enough for 5 of us (including 2 teens). Having two rooms and a full sized refrigerator were appreciated! Like others, we had problems finding it traveling east on 95 but it's easy from Boston on 1N. They do need to change the directions on the hotel web site. One complaint - the nice hot breakfast was tasty but they frequently ran out of basics - plates, etc. - so go early. We'd happily stay here again, though.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Unsure of where to stay close to Boston for touring, we chose the Homewood Suites in Peabody because it is 20 min to downtown, and 30 minutes to Salem. Turns out this was the BEST hotel we've ever stayed at, and we travel quite often. We have 2 pre-teen kids, and they loved the pool, of course. Very, very clean, well maintained hotel. Lena, the manager, walked around to various tables during breakfast, making sure everyone was happy. We had an issue with our a/c, and she was right on it -- maintenance took care of it right away! We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family