Arrived after the dinner on a Monday night, checked in, and had to wait while a call was completed - no problem. Desk clerk heard me say that I like a quiet room, not near elevators, stairs, vending or highway and spent probably 5 minutes MOVING me to another room because whoever assigned the rooms hadn't read the booking notes. Cudos to him.
We then went to a restaurant. Check in was fine, initial impressions were fine except noted wallpapering being done on some floors. Came back to cookies on the counter, nice touch.
At breakfast on the Tuesday I was astonished to see the Manager, and Assistant Manager(?) out working in the dining room. It wasn't crowded, the staff wasn't overwhelmed, yet there they were actually working. You NEVER see this. I engaged Colleen in conversation and told her she was supposed to sit in her office or not be around, and she laughed. I mentioned a minor room problem (windows letting drafts in) and that was rectified by the time we came home that day. I also mentioned the check-in problem and she was upset, I told her it was no big deal since it was rectified on check-in but she was still upset and offered us a free night. WOW!
Many people don't realize that hotels with meals like Hampton and Homewood use a company like Sysco to provide the food. We've stayed in many of both types and found the dinners usually blah. Well, this Homewood has clearly signed up for a higher tier of dinner. We had Talapia one night that was restaurant quality.
There were only some small negatives. First, this location can't serve the complementary alcoholic beverages at dinner due to Peabody, Mass laws. The website has a little asterisk noting "Local and State Laws Apply". It should say "Due to local and state laws, no alcoholic beverages are served at dinner". I wouldn't have stayed elsewhere, but it should be disclosed since nearly all Homewoods offer free beverages at dinner.
Second negative was that due to the excessive snow it was hard to see getting onto busy route 1, there was an enormous pile of snow obstructing the view, even from my truck.
While I have no plans to return to the areas, if I do I'd stay here because Colleen knows how to run a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Homewood suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody we offer the comforts of home at this all suites hotel. Centrally located in the heart of Boston's North Shore, you will be just 15 miles from Bostona Logan airport and near downtown Boston. During your visit at our extended stay hotel, visit nearby attractions like Faneuil Hall, downtown Boston, Fenway Park, the New England aquarium plust more!We also offer a hot full breakfast daily for all guests and evening dinner and drinks Monday-Thursday. Our suites feature fully equipped living rooms, free high-speed internet access, and a seperate living area. While here, take advantage of our fitness center and heated indoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Boston-Peabody Hotel Peabody
- Homewood Suites Boston Peabody
- Homewood Suites Peabody
- Hilton Peabody
- Homewood Peabody
- Peabody Homewood Suites
- Peabody Hilton