“Great attentive manager! One of the nicest Homewood Suites we've stayed in.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Arrived after the dinner on a Monday night, checked in, and had to wait while a call was completed - no problem. Desk clerk heard me say that I like a quiet room, not near elevators, stairs, vending or highway and spent probably 5 minutes MOVING me to another room because whoever assigned the rooms hadn't read the booking notes. Cudos to him.

We then went to a restaurant. Check in was fine, initial impressions were fine except noted wallpapering being done on some floors. Came back to cookies on the counter, nice touch.

At breakfast on the Tuesday I was astonished to see the Manager, and Assistant Manager(?) out working in the dining room. It wasn't crowded, the staff wasn't overwhelmed, yet there they were actually working. You NEVER see this. I engaged Colleen in conversation and told her she was supposed to sit in her office or not be around, and she laughed. I mentioned a minor room problem (windows letting drafts in) and that was rectified by the time we came home that day. I also mentioned the check-in problem and she was upset, I told her it was no big deal since it was rectified on check-in but she was still upset and offered us a free night. WOW!

Many people don't realize that hotels with meals like Hampton and Homewood use a company like Sysco to provide the food. We've stayed in many of both types and found the dinners usually blah. Well, this Homewood has clearly signed up for a higher tier of dinner. We had Talapia one night that was restaurant quality.

There were only some small negatives. First, this location can't serve the complementary alcoholic beverages at dinner due to Peabody, Mass laws. The website has a little asterisk noting "Local and State Laws Apply". It should say "Due to local and state laws, no alcoholic beverages are served at dinner". I wouldn't have stayed elsewhere, but it should be disclosed since nearly all Homewoods offer free beverages at dinner.

Second negative was that due to the excessive snow it was hard to see getting onto busy route 1, there was an enormous pile of snow obstructing the view, even from my truck.

While I have no plans to return to the areas, if I do I'd stay here because Colleen knows how to run a hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Front desk needs to tell people they are putting holds on your credit card the same day you check in. Wasn't sure how long I was staying for, so they charged me over $2,300.00, in different increments. Took some time for management to straighten this out, but finally got my money back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Annmarie M
Reviewed February 16, 2014

got stuck there unexpectedly for additional nights. staff was very helpful. The Clerk that helped me was very proud that he was putting me into one of the recently remodeled rooms. The room was very nice. I never had to stay in a room smaller than a King so it was a bit of a shock going to a queen room. It wasn't just he bed that got smaller. It was a mini-me of the King size room. If I have projects in Essex County, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhaj'n'Mari
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Great location. Close to 95/128, and 10 mins from Salem, local museums and malls. I would highly recommend for business or pleasure. Weeknight food is a great alternative to going out to a restaurant, and the complemetary breakfasts make mornings start off right.

1  Thank Heidi K
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nice place to stay. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF. A bit dated but worth the safe, warm, homey feeling. Breakfast and dinner in the hotel so can bring up to your room or enjoy in the dining area. Speedy check-in. I love staying here as it is very convenient to my supplier. Same folks every time I visit and they actually remember me.

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Staff was friendly, complimentary shuttle, (be aware stops running at 7PM). We got tied up in Boston and it cost us $50 to get back from hotel from train. Shuttle was out of service 1 full days as well, this was another unexpected cost. For the value, the same hotel in Burlington, which is $20 per night cheaper might be a better option.

1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've stayed at plenty of Hiltons but first time at a Homewood Suites. Price was very reasonable for what you get. Really like having a separate living area from the bedroom. Used the fitness room and pool and was happy with the hot breakfast included in the room price. Would definitely come back if in the area again

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!