“Wonderful place to stay!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Connecticut
“Wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We staryed at the Homewood Suites for four days to take in sights and visit Salem. We were very surprised to find a complimentary breakfast and dinner (Manager's dinner Mon-Thur.) The food is very good and our thanks to Andrea for setting out a very nice buffet. The hotel is clean and it was nice to have a small kitchen, sitting room and a bedroom the two tv's were an extra plus. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool is very nice and relaxing, we would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor near the elevator and we did not hear a thing.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was absolutely the best hotel that i have ever stayed in. I have spent over twice as much on rooms that werent half as nice as this one. I really felt like i had my own 1 bedroom apt to myself. It is absolutely the only way i choose to lodge when i travel now. Do your self a favor and try a homewood suite by hilton

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Joliet, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at the Peabody Hilton Homewood Suites for nine days while visiting Salem, Boston and the surrounding area. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed having a complimentary hot breakfast each morning (although the egg selections could use some rethinking). The hotel was clean and our room was clean and roomy. I love having a separate living room and kitchen. It's great having a fridge where you can store left overs for later. The hotel is in a good location, close to many of the local historical sites, Salem and Boston. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the area. It's a much better value than any place you'll find in Boston or Salem. Oh, and the room was surprisingly quiet, even with kids running up and down the hall at times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Annette G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel offers good space for families.The room has a kitchen, large living room and large bathroom. The sofa bed is pretty much not usable so we took the mattress and put it on the floor. The 2 double beds are adequate in an average size room. The rooms are essentially tired and could use a facelift. The staff is friendly. Breakfast in the morning is fine to get you started. Parking is free. Internet is free but a little slow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bensalem, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Loved our stay at Homewood Suites. Extremely please d with room set up, living room area & kitchenette. You didn't feel on top of each other like when in a room with 2 beds & a TV. Bathroom not the cleanest but I've seen worse. Only disappointment was TV channel selection. We're in Boston area & couldn't watch a Red Sox game or Bruins Playoff game!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Bonnie H
Mechanicsburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

About 20 miles north of Boston and less than $175 per night.
Who would have thunk it??
Anyway, the hotel is very nice, the layout is good, the pool is a bit small but when you're on a business trip it doesn't really matter.
As far as the rooms are concerned, I've lived in apartments that were smaller. The living and dining area can accommodate four quite comfortably. The kitchen area's a bit small but you're probably not doing any gourmet cooking anyway. TV choices are adequate and the internet connection is dependable and fast. Furnishings and carpet are about half way through their usable lives. Beds are very comfortable.
Complimentary breakfast is fine if, like me, you stock up on carbs like toast and waffles. There's fresh fruit and yogurt available, along with eggs and sausage. Monday through Thursday the hotel serves dinner, different selections each night. It's not gourmet but it's acceptable. And filling. And free. If you're looking for fine dining, there are plenty of choices close by.
Some of the reviewers mentioned concerns about security. Something happened during my stay that has never happened to me before in a hotel.
I got back from work earlier than normal and housekeeping was just about finishing my room. Normally, my experience has been that the housekeeper lets you in and continues with her job. The lady doing my room was very polite but she asked me for my key, led me outside, locked the door and used my key to reopen it. Surprised the heck out of me--she wanted to make sure that I belonged in that room. She was concerned about security. I should have complimented her to the front desk but unfortunately didn't.
Anyway, this has become my hotel of choice when in the north Boston area.

Room Tip: The hotel does have smoking rooms. If this annoys you, stay elsewhere. Ventilation is quite good but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time staying at Homewood but won't be our last. Nice place decent location good facilities. The complimentary breakfast and bite in the evening was great. The kids were brought a really cute book to read and some treats -very nice touch. Highly recommend this spot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!