“Adequate for a short stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Adequate for a short stay”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed there for one night with family while traveling from Maine and before our flight out of Boston the following day. It was ideal for that purpose, next to major interstates in and out of Boston. It would be difficult for me to think of many other reasons why I would stay there. It was by a busy road, close to some restaurants in the area. Suites spacious (easily accomodated our family of five), quiet but would benefit from some updates. Hotel staff very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I travel for work and spend many nights in hotels. I work in the Boston area many times throughout the year. I always stay at the Homewood Suites in Peabody for many reasons. They are close to my customers and the hotel is easy to get to from the highway. It is also an enjoyable place to stay because of the staff. From management to housekeeping, the entire staff is friendly and makes you feel at home. The rooms are always clean, neat and are equipped for staying in and relaxing after a long day on the job. Both breakfast and dinner are served Monday thru Thursday and breakfast the rest of the week. Great cookies! The cereal dispenser needs to go and they need to go back to the small individual boxes. There is the occasional problem but that is to be expected with any hotel. I have had much worse accomodations at much more expensive hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Was there for my son's wedding, the road out front was the only con of this property. can only go one way. Had a great breakfast every day we were there. We spent three days there and enjoyed it very much. The only other thing is the internet signal is very week in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston TX Area
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on two occasions, one week each time, due to business in the area.
Rooms are nice, with plenty of room to spread out in. For the business traveler, the desk area is VERY crampted with the TV encroaching on your desk space and there was a cold draft from the adjacent window. I could just fit my laptop in the desk area. Your bed, behind the desk, must be used as your workspace.
The breakfast was very good with a rotation of food each day. The available dinner was great...except for the fact it was over at 7pm, rather early I thought.
Overall, the hotel was adequate but nothing to rave about. It had the most reasonable rates for the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheWoodlandsMom
Indiana
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at this property for two nights, mainly because the Hampton Inn next door still allows smoking and the Doubletree up the road was sold out. Check in was fine and I was surprised to hear they serve both breakfast and dinner complimentary. Once in my room, I found little piles of dust on the bathroom floor and once I laid down in the bed, noticed a lot of dust on the ceiling around the ceiling fan. It was quite disgusting. The sink in the kithenette also had a foul odor to it. All in all, the room just felt dirty. I decided to try the dinner they had available. I am a vegetarian and it was pasta so I went ahead with it. It was horrible. It was way over-cooked, mushy pasta in what I assume was a sauce but could only be described as murky pasta water. The breadsticks were dry and flavorless. But I guess what do you expect for a free meal. The breakfast in the morning was marginally better, similar to what you would get at a Hampton Inn. I will hope I don't have to stay here again anytime in the near future. The only saving grace is that most of the staff were nice and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The highlight of this location is that it is located less than 15 minutes from an IMAX. I EXPERIENCED SKYFALL there. It's my first IMAX experience where the theatre shakes when there is a gunshot, car crash or some other Bond event.

I a reasonably priced Hilton property at which to stay while in the Boston area on business. The drive from the airport took about 30 minutes during commute traffic at 5 PM. The trip back took about 20 minutes without traffic. The front desk staff were warm and friendly. I prefer high floors away from elevators and noise. They had me in a first floor room and easily switched me to a higher floor opposite the elevator and next to the housekeeping storage room. As another reviewer commented I too, could not hear the elevator. However, I could hear when housekeeping entered its storage room. The staff was also very helpful with directions and knowledge of local businesses.

The supper was okay. There was no free alcohol offered at this Homewood Suites as there is at Embassy Suites. I ordered takeout pizza from a supposedly very good local pizza house. When I got the pizza back to my room I noticed that the some of the cheese was burned. :-(

The free breakfast was tasty. There was a wide variety including an egg dish, make it yourself waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, etc. The gentleman working the breakfast was VERY helpful. When I was making my Belgium Waffle he came up and showed me several inside tricks to ensure my waffle was excellent!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the housekeeping storage room located in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good size suite for family of 4 for a quick weekend. Staff were very helpful and friendly, despite it being quite busy and hectic for the weekend before Halloween. Had a suite next to the elevator, and was not affected at all by noise. Also, despite being on a busy highway, road noise is not a factor. Free breakfast is a plus

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cscarpola1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing with us your experience during your recent stay. We always look to our guests for their valuable feedback. We are very happy you and your family found our accommodations comfortable. We find that our guests travellling with their families, enjoy the additional space the living room and kitchen area provide. This is certainly an exciting time of year for us due to all the local fairs, attractions and vibrant fall foliage that our guests come to enjoy. Our staff realizes how fortunate we are to be a part of your memorable vacation and we look forward to the opportuntiy to welcome you back to The Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Peabody in the future.

Kindest Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!