All reviewsevening receptionfull kitchenseparate bedroomright next doorliving areasonic drivehome away from homevery nice hotelhot breakfastwafflesfast foodfront desk stafffree breakfastconvenient locationindoor poolnew englandcookies
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Disappointed. Perhaps we got the worst room because we were a very late arrival. Non smoking suite with a very large cigarette burn in coffee table, dirty carpet, still soiled coffee cups put back into suite cabinets. Didn't open up suite's sofa bed for third guest because the sofa looked so over-used and unclean. Instead, the third party (who was a paid guest) slept on the second bed in our bedroom. Only received a single shampoo and rinse for all three of us to use on the first night. Had to ask for more and these were very graciously given to us. Excellent breakfast included. The three of us had to share one spoon as there was an unresolved shortage.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelPairUSA
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

I thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here with us in the North Shore area. I was, however, sorry to read about the negativity that you experienced during your stay. The upkeep and cleanliness of our Suites is as important to us as I'm sure it is to you.

I must also apologize for the lack of the proper amenities in your room. This is not our standard and something that we work dilligently to avoid.

I was glad to see that you both enjoyed the breakfast and that our staff was helpful to you. Hopefully, should you return to the area, you will give us the opportunity to make your entire stay as enjoyable as were those aspects. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Homewood Suites in Peabody. Very nice staff, Arzu always hand writes personal notes to welcome you to the hotel. Rooms are a good size and kept in good condition.

This time I stayed 1 night to be closer to BOS to catch a 6 am flight. I left the room at 3:40 am, and got into the elevator and pushed the 1st floor. The elevator doors closed and nothing happened. I pushed the door open button, and also each of the floor buttons but none lit up and the cart did not move. I ended up calling down to the front desk on my cell and Dan came up and tried to get the door open. He ran back down and tried to see what was going on. He ended up restarted the system, the doors opened after about 15 minutes of me being inside. I ran out and took 6 flights of stairs down; luggage and all. Getting stuck in an elevator that early in the morning got me into a panic.

Room Tip: request a room away from Newbury as that can be a very busy and noisy road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

I thank you for your review of our property. I truly must apologize for the ordeal you experienced with our elevator. This is not a common occurence for us. I assure you that the problem has since been addressed and is no longer an issue. Hopefully, this will not negatively impact your choice of where to stay should you return to the area. We would be glad to have the chance to make amends for this problem.

I thank you for taking the time to write your review here as all feedback is helpful to us. Have a great day.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had two rooms recently travelling with our adult daughters. It was great and just a jaunt from Boston. We were just overnighting on our way to Ogunquit, Maine but decided it would be a great place to base from if visiting Boston. Rooms were very clean and roomy. Breakfast was fine for our needs. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to read when our Guests have an enjoyable experience. Please be sure to stay visit us again should you return to the area. Have a great day.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed here to attend a funeral. First off the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are above average size and clean and so long as you request to say away from the elevators you will be good to go. But...

There is a "free" breakfast and many of those in attendance wanted to make sure that they got their money's worth and more. If you have ever been to a Cics pizza and had a blast, you will love the scene. Just make sure to bring some sharp elbows and doggie bags to fill up with waffles, cooked eggs, small cartons of milk, extra packets of sugar and equal, juice and anything else that is not attached to the premises.. There is also a "free" dinner but we did not have the pleasure of attending,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mike o
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I agree, our breakfast can become a bit busy from time to time. We try our best to channel the traffic through in order for everyone to have a chance to partake. I am sorry if this negatively impacted your stay in any way. Hopefully, you will give us another chance should you return to the area. Once again, I thank you for your response. Have a great day.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had such a wonderful time at this hotel! I loved how my bedroom came with glass French doors, so I could shut them and not hear my kids, who slept on the comfy pull-out couch in the living room. I was pleasantly surprised by the full kitchen. Loved the complimentary breakfast!
We actually got a room next to the elevator, and I DID not hear any noises, like one reviewer had posted.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jean8
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive review. I am always happy to read about the positive experiences had by our Guests. I hope that you will come back should you return to the area. Have a great day.