All reviews evening reception full kitchen separate bedroom right next door living area sonic drive home away from home very nice hotel hot breakfast waffles fast food front desk staff free breakfast convenient location indoor pool new england cookies
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I was there for three months. The staff and rooms were excellent

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Aleblanc, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 21, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located north of Boston and we used it as a base for visiting Salem, Gloucester and the surroundings. The hotel is a bit run down; The rooms are due for renovation. Service was excellent and reception did their best to make our stay satisfactory. Overall I would recommend using the Hilton Hampton inn, right next door.
Unlike most other Hilton properties we stayed in this hotel still has smoking rooms, keep that in mind when making your reservation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank zhadar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Peabody.
as you have mentioned, our hotel is not renovated recently however we strive to give the best customer service and make sure our guests feel that they are home away from home when they stay with us.
My staff is trained to make sure you are extremely satisfied with your stay. They will do everything to make sure you are enjoying yourself while you are visiting the area.
Hampton inn Peabody is our sister property so thank you for recommending them. The biggest differences between Homewood and Hampton are that Homewood has welcome reception dinner Monday through Thursday which is a full dinner and complimentary .Also all of our rooms are one bedroom suites. They are very specious and comfortable.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope you have a great holiday season.

Arzu LeBlanc

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Suite was clean and the bed was comfortable. The service was excellent, they are very attentive to your needs, we're looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate it. We strive to provide the best customer service to our guests and my team does a great job keeping it up.

Thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Arzu LeBlanc

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Today is my last day here at the Homewood Suites and oddly enough I'm sad to leave. I've been here for a month visiting my husband who's been working out here. I traveled with my 3 year old daughter and from the minute I got here I felt right at home. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The rooms were kept clean everyday which was a must considering my messy 3 year old! :) The food was great better than most hotels i've stayed at. But, the number one thing and the most important factor was the amazing service I received from all the staff here at the hotel. Starting with the front desk, Mariha, Liz, Andy and John to name a few were always on their feet and super attentative to all my needs and my daughter's. They treated us like family and most importantly they treated my daughter like if she was their own, always taking the time to say hello, play and even give her some treats. The kitchen crew Andrea and the gang were awesome always making sure that everything was up to par. Even the maids Kenya and gang were amazing super friendly and generous. It was inevitable for me to make friends with some of the staff and I am glad I did. I truly loved my experience here at the Homewood Suites and am looking forward to next year as I will hopefully be back yet again for another stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vivian V

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this great comment about your stay at Homewood Boston Peabody. It was great having you here. We enjoyed seeing you and your beautiful daughter every day. It is certainly a sad day for me and my staff to see one of our long term guests leave.

I hope you have a great holiday season with your family.

Yours friends at Homewood Suites Boston Peabody

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I chose this hotel because of such good reviews on this site but was quite disappointed. We were in the area for my mother-in-law's funeral and booked two suites for our family. My husband and I are tall and need a king bed. We realized they put us in a queen bed suite. I went back downstairs and asked for the king I reserved, but she told me they never guarantee such. We could request, but are not promised one. We kept the queen and slept miserably the first night.

Our children had a suite with two doubles and both rooms of the suite were much larger than our queen suite.

We slept so poorly, we had to move to a two double room the next day. When we were working out the room change, I noticed a sign behind the register said that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee or the stay is free. I pointed that out to the clerk and she looked at me as if I were kidding.

The rooms were okay, nothing special. Clean enough and the lobby area was nice. The employees were gracious, breakfast okay.

Right before leaving, my daughter unfortunately had a pearl earring fall off her ear as she leaned over the sink and into the drain. We asked if they could retrieve it for us and they said they would try. We had to catch a flight so they promised to mail it to us if they could get it out. I received a call later that they would mail it to us but wanted permission to charge our card. She couldn't tell me how much this would be.

Now I don't know what the thought process was for the person packaging this for mailing, but it doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to know a pearl earring with no to little protection or cushioning will surely get damaged in the mail.

My daughter called me last night crying her heart out (this pair of earrings was a very special gift). She said there was a hole in the envelope the exact size of the earring and no earring! They had put it in one envelope and that into a second envelope. Now I don't know how irate you would be, but I was livid. I was not the most pleasant southern belle as I phoned and explained to the employee the situation last night. Mess with me, I can deal with that, mess with my kids and I get furious.

I left my name and number for the manager but received no call today. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe this weekend? I am not sure what I expect them to do, but it breaks my heart because this was such a special item for my daughter. Here we were so happy that they were able to retrieve it to have this result.

Room Tip: You can request a king bed but may not get it. Double bed suites are larger.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen M
Aleblanc, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I certainly regret that your stay was an unpleasant one. However, I was just as sorry to read that the earring you mention did not reach its destination. I know that a great deal of care was taken in order to retrieve the piece of jewelry. That being said, I can only imagine that any unpleasantness that you experienced was compounded by this error. For that I am truly sorry.

We strive to be the very best for our Guests. Whenever someone is unhappy with their experience, we, with equal diligence, do our best in order to make things right. As you know, Hilton has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee which states that if we are unable to adequately resolve an issue, then a night's stay will be refunded. Per our conversation, I have contacted Guest Assistance and purchased a "Be My Guest" certificate, good for one night at any Homewood Suites by Hilton.

I thank you again for your valuable feedback. I know that this certificate can't make up for the sentimental value of the lost item. However, I hope that the night's stay can serve as reminder that we always do our best to make amends to the fullest of our abilities.

Robert Roy