All reviewsevening receptionfull kitchenseparate bedroomright next doorliving areasonic drivehome away from homevery nice hotelhot breakfastwafflesfast foodfront desk stafffree breakfastconvenient locationindoor poolnew englandcookies
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I chose this hotel because of such good reviews on this site but was quite disappointed. We were in the area for my mother-in-law's funeral and booked two suites for our family. My husband and I are tall and need a king bed. We realized they put us in a queen bed suite. I went back downstairs and asked for the king I reserved, but she told me they never guarantee such. We could request, but are not promised one. We kept the queen and slept miserably the first night.

Our children had a suite with two doubles and both rooms of the suite were much larger than our queen suite.

We slept so poorly, we had to move to a two double room the next day. When we were working out the room change, I noticed a sign behind the register said that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee or the stay is free. I pointed that out to the clerk and she looked at me as if I were kidding.

The rooms were okay, nothing special. Clean enough and the lobby area was nice. The employees were gracious, breakfast okay.

Right before leaving, my daughter unfortunately had a pearl earring fall off her ear as she leaned over the sink and into the drain. We asked if they could retrieve it for us and they said they would try. We had to catch a flight so they promised to mail it to us if they could get it out. I received a call later that they would mail it to us but wanted permission to charge our card. She couldn't tell me how much this would be.

Now I don't know what the thought process was for the person packaging this for mailing, but it doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to know a pearl earring with no to little protection or cushioning will surely get damaged in the mail.

My daughter called me last night crying her heart out (this pair of earrings was a very special gift). She said there was a hole in the envelope the exact size of the earring and no earring! They had put it in one envelope and that into a second envelope. Now I don't know how irate you would be, but I was livid. I was not the most pleasant southern belle as I phoned and explained to the employee the situation last night. Mess with me, I can deal with that, mess with my kids and I get furious.

I left my name and number for the manager but received no call today. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe this weekend? I am not sure what I expect them to do, but it breaks my heart because this was such a special item for my daughter. Here we were so happy that they were able to retrieve it to have this result.

Room Tip: You can request a king bed but may not get it. Double bed suites are larger.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen M
Aleblanc, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I certainly regret that your stay was an unpleasant one. However, I was just as sorry to read that the earring you mention did not reach its destination. I know that a great deal of care was taken in order to retrieve the piece of jewelry. That being said, I can only imagine that any unpleasantness that you experienced was compounded by this error. For that I am truly sorry.

We strive to be the very best for our Guests. Whenever someone is unhappy with their experience, we, with equal diligence, do our best in order to make things right. As you know, Hilton has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee which states that if we are unable to adequately resolve an issue, then a night's stay will be refunded. Per our conversation, I have contacted Guest Assistance and purchased a "Be My Guest" certificate, good for one night at any Homewood Suites by Hilton.

I thank you again for your valuable feedback. I know that this certificate can't make up for the sentimental value of the lost item. However, I hope that the night's stay can serve as reminder that we always do our best to make amends to the fullest of our abilities.

Robert Roy
Assistant General Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton Peabody

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Stayed here on a recent trip to Cape Ann. Hotels rooms are filthy/ Stained and dirty carpet, rusty and moldy baths. For a non-smoking facility rooms reek of smoke. Furniture stained and torn. Bed cover ripped and old. A/C did not work. Maintenance pulled cover and discovered filter was CLOGGED with dirt and dust. Hotel is in need of a total renovation. Looks good from outside and in the lobby, but don't go into the rooms. Stayed here since it was rated #1 in Peabody. I'd hate to see #2 or 3. Think twice about staying here if you like Hilton and Homewood Suites. Does not meet there standards.

Room Tip: Think twice
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tworivertravelers
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Overall our stay was pleasant. The staff was kind, the complimentary breakfast was okay and the location was perfect for a weekend visiting Boston & Salem. However, I could not get over the fact that our room smelled of smoke. It was clearly a smoking room previously and still had the stench of it. When we notified the desk that our room smelled like smoke, she assured us that it was a non-smoking room and that she had no other rooms available but could switch us the next night. It wasn't worth it to us to switch rooms, but in order to turn a smoking room into a non-smoking room, I think they should do more than change the sign on the door.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne T
Aleblanc, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback . I do believe that getting negative feedback is as improtant as getting good feedback in efforts to improving our services and being a better hotel for our guests.
I am really sorry that your room smelled like smoke. We have experienced our non smoking rooms being treated as smoking rooms by some guests lately. We do remind these guests that we have some smoking rooms available if they prefer to smoke in the room.
Again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience and I hope you give us another chance in the future to see the improvements.

Arzu LeBlanc

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I was scheduled for surgery late in Sept. 2011 and wanted to be close to the hospital (Lahey Clinic, Peabody) the night before to eliminate any chance of being stuck in traffic when I was supposed to be in the O.R. Let's just say that surgeries make me anxious, nervous, stressful, edgy, frightened, obsessive, and not exactly easy to please.

Given my state of mind, imagine my delight when I walked through the door to our room at the Homewood Suites. As a fan of Hilton's Embassy Suites, I recognized the similarities and although the hotel lacks the characteristic atrium of an Embassy, the Homewood brand offers a full kitchen (including 'fridge, stove, dishwasher, coffee plates, pots, pans, dishes and glass ware, toaster, and I'm not sure what else), as well as a nicely appointed two room suite (bedroom and separate living room... both with HD TVs), and a huge bath. Had I had been the decorator, I'd have added a little more color (more art on the walls) but that's hardly a complaint.

The furniture were tasetful, the sheets and beds were clean and comfy, and wifi was free.

The staff were friendly and responsive (they even remembered our wake-up call) and the location was perfect for my needs. All in all, this was just what the doctor ordered!

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to Route 128, so if highway traffic bothers you, ask to a room as far from the highway as possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on tripadvisor.com. We really appreciate your comments . My staff and I are very gald to know that you have enjoyed your stay . We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Arzu LeBlanc

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We recently stayed here on a vacation with family. We found this place to be hospitable from the front desk to the rest of the staff. Breakfast is provided and so is dinner during the week. What a nice surprise. However, as I packing up to leave, I notice that I was missing an itouch. I placed the itouch near my bed on the floor as I was up all night with a sick infant. I was extremely tired the next morning and didnt check the floor to pick my itouch. Housekeeping came in that day while my wife and child were there. The next morning I went to check the exact place where I left my itouch and to my surprise, it was not there. Scoured the entire room, found nothing. No other explanation as to its disappearance. I informed the front desk, but there is nothing they could do. I doubt the housekeeper would admit to the theft. I left totally unhappy. Lesson: Leave nothing valuable behind when staying at a hotel, especially when your're gone.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank flyinfin08

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry about your Itouch. I did talk to the housekeeper and my entire staff about the incident. My housekeeper told me that a lady whom stayed in the same room mentioned to our housekeeper that itouch was found in the car upon your check out. I hope this is the case. If not , please do not hesitate to contact me in person. Thank you for your business and your loyalty.