“Get Ready to Pay for Disappointment”
Review of Joe's American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Get Ready to Pay for Disappointment”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Sure this was the third place to try after our first two choices were located on flooded streets, but we still expected the dishes to be at least average for the price! The waitress looked at me clueless when she asked if I didn't like my plate when I ate everything except the cod but I kept picking at it until I just couldn't eat it anymore.

It was SO bland! The breading, which the menu seemed to boast about, added nothing but stuffing, (like crackers to your mouth when you can't add enough water to satisfy yourself). I left pretty much just as hungry as I got there, (the salad wasn't remarkable either). I can't fathom why anyone would want to pay those prices considering in a trip of 5 days this was absolutely the worst, (atmosphere kind of canned too - but I feel more at home at a Red Lobster or Chili's than here).

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Amber R

Reading, MA
“Waited way too long for mediocre meal”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We figured we would try Joe's after we found 45 minute to 1 hour waits at other nearby mall restaurants. The wait here for a table was only 10 minutes. Service was attentive initially...drink and food order taken and drinks delivered quickly. After about 10 minutes, we were asked if we wanted bread. It was brought to table. After 20 more minutes, we were asked if we would like more bread and that was brought. About 15 minutes later, our waiter (for the first time) apologized about our order taking so long...and asked if we would we like another round of drinks. So, about 55 minutes after we ordered our food, it arrived. Two pasta dishes and one order of steak tips. Food was average, at best. Steak tips come with one side, no salad and were okay. Pasta primavera had plentiful veggies. Lobster mac and cheese was a small portion but did contain 3 whole lobster claws. In the end, for 2 glasses of wine, 1 order steak tips, 1 vegetable pasta dish and one lobster mac & cheese plus tip spent $82. To me could have visited local eateries for less and had a much better experience.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Teacher_Mother
Peabody, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty food and good service”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

The service was good and the food was okay. My husband had the filet mignon and I had the chicken fajitas. My husband really enjoyed his steak and the fajitas were okay...not very flavorful but sufficient. We would return.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank DBZ1024
Bitburg, Germany
“Reliable Cuisine”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This is a fine establishment for lunch. The servers are proficient and cordial. Cocktails are well made, the whole restaurant is clean and comfortable.
We have enjoyed top rate reubens, meat loaf, and salads over the years of visiting Joe's. The food quality is consistently high.

• Visited July 2010
Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently well-done”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I ate there around 5 times over through 1 year and enjoyed the food almost every time. They use a good mix of seasonings and I tried most of the seafood. It is not very busy at this location so almost any time there are open places to sit. When I came alone they gave me a local newspaper to read so this was a nice gesture. The people are pretty nice and glad to explain their somewhat eccletic daily selections. But their regular menu is the best bet. I like their bread for freshness. This is a good alternative to the North Shore food court.