“Not up to Holiday Inn Level”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Not up to Holiday Inn Level”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here two nights on a business trip and really did not think it was up to Holiday Inn standards.

Front desk person who checked us in bored on being miserable. There was no priority check in as a Priority Club member. I asked him about it (since I get it at HI's everywhere I go) and he said they don't do it. Check in took far too long to get a room. (Working with others at the front desk during my stay was a bit better.)

Hotel lobby was standard, but there IS NO ON-SIGHT RESTAURANT OR BAR - no matter what they tell you. The restaurant/bar is across the parking lot. It is a Carraba's. The hotel has a conf room converted for an over-priced buffet or menu items that cost the same as the buffet. Service was friendly there but hard to find. Weekdays, there is no place at all to get lunch. You need to drive. Carraba's is open for lunch on the weekend I believe, but not weekdays.

Room was basic except for the "mattress of torture" and horrible linens/towels - far too scratchy.

If I have to return to the area, I will look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ssam11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear

Thank you for posting your review. I am so disappointed to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. I have discussed your checking experience with my Front desk mgr to unsure that the problem you described is addressed. As you already wrote, Carrabbas is our restaurant for room service and dinner but I can understand how not having a lunch option at the hotel during your visit can be less than satisfying. We do offer complementary shuttle services to many local restaurants in the area.
We do have IHG awards check-in area which is on the right side of the desk, as you may experienced in your travels that the rewards program is very popular and on average night we have 50 to 75 guest members checking-in and the reception area can be heavily utilized.
Feel free reaching out to me directly to discuss as I would like for you to give us another chance to service you in the near future and regain your trust and business.
Sam
978-535-4600 ex 123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Northern NJ
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotel is located on a very busy "road" (more appropriately referred to as a highway); it had a very weird/musty smell (despite the hotel mgt claiming that they had just renovated the place); and the hotel says their address is 1 Newbury Street, but on Apple's and Google Directions the address was listed as 128 Newbury Street which is on the other side of Newbury Street (aka Highway). I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear jchjr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion about our hotel's location on the Google map. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Peabody hotels

Florence
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here during our October trip to Salem. It was not to far of a drive from Salem. It served our main purpose of having a place to sleep.

Getting in and out of hotel is a little tricky due to the way Newbury Street is setup. There is a concret barrier separating both sides of Newbury Street, so if you pass the hotel you have to go down the road a bit in order to come back the opposite way.

The Holiday Inn overall was clean. The only two complaints I have would be they don't provide you breakfast vouchers if you use a discount such as AAA, and there is not a hot tub with the indoor pool.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Florencetraveler11,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am happy to know that overall, you found our accommodations to be clean and sufficient. Your additional comments have been been noted and will be addressed with our team accordingly to consider for improvements.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Pam G
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2013

True to branded service expectations. We stay at holiday inns often. Cookie cutter experience regardless of what city or state we are in. This is right off of I-95 and convenient for quick on and off. That's all we wanted was a place to crash at night and this served that purpose fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Kay M,

Orlando A.
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

5 different front desk clerks, 3 different times (2 different clerks at 2 different times had the wedding invitation in their hand and wrote down the specifics) assured us shuttle service to and from my son's wedding. When it came time they told us no shuttle had been ordered. And the clerk that said that is one who held the invitation in her hand that very morning and wrote down the specifics and again assured us shuttle service! Being from out of town it was an incredible challenge getting a large group of people to and from a wedding at the last minute! Add that to a stained sheet on the bed upon check-in, key cards that didn't work, empty ice machines, an air-conditioner that didn't work (maintenance's idea of fixing it was to turn it off), being charged for a movie I did not order and a manager who was too busy to return my phone calls and for sure Holiday Inn will NOT be getting any further business from me.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat L
ssam11, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I am sorry you were not entirely pleased with your stay. I wish we had been notified during your stay and we would have certainly made an effort to move you to another room or change the sheets for you. We sincerely want you to be satisfied with your accommodations during your stay.
It sounds as though you were not provided with enough information about what our hotel has to offer as courtesy services such as the shuttle, it is on first come first serve bases and you cannot reserve it unless you rent it out for a reasonable fee.
After checking your wedding block information, I discovered that on the time of booking your group (Nov 5th 2012) were offered the rental services of the shuttle to your venue but the offer was declined on that date! I can completely understand your frustration and I would like to discuss the matter further with you if you can contact me at 978-535-4600 ext 123
Again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to hear from you

Regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 30, 2013

nice hotel looking from the outside.it only problem is no balcony.
room-so so.nothing special.
location-getting no where.
food-breakfast is nice
small gym ok pool.
I just stay for a night.i think it ok.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear sadmagarita,

Krysllin G.
Delmar, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The room was adequate, if a touch shabby here and there. There was a hole in the sheet and the carpets looked like they could use a good cleaning. The door to the bathroom doesn't shut. When we checked into our room there weren't pillowcases on the pillows. The hallway had a faint cigarette odor.

Would I stay there again? Sure, under similar circumstances. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but I wouldn't warn anybody to not stay there either. Free wireless internet always gets a plus mark from me.

By the way, if you miss the turn to get headed in the right direction on Rt. 1, you may find it annoying to get back to where you belong. Be careful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear PainterRob,

Thank you for writing about your most recent stay with us. It is good to know you like our free internet. Our aim is to provide all of our guests a unique stay and great customer service. However, we apologize for the issues you encountered with the poor cleanliness of the room and if you found the amenities less than satisfactory. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service.

Zelyn N
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!