“Excellent Service”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
upstate, NY
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I made this reservation last minute when we decided to extend a weekend ant the hotel we were staying at did not have room. We got in late after a disappointing day of softball :( We were tired, dirty and miserable. Kathleena at the desk could sense this and immediately upgraded us to a suite. She was so kind and helpful to us, I had to mention her!!

The room was beautiful and the beds comfortable. The hotel was under renovation, but it never interfered with our stay. Pool area was very nice and the gym had new equipment. Business center was also better than average. Wi-fi easily connected in rooms and lobby.

Also, was easily accessible to Rt 128 to go to Wingaersheek Beach!!! Thank oyu again Kathleena!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were staying on the 4th floor and were awakened in the wee hrs of the morning by a quick knock on the door and the voice of a lady who said something about a fire. We got up to check the door but no one was there and we didnt see anything out of the ordinary so we went back to sleep. The next morning we find out a man on the 1st floor was cooking meth and caought his room on fire! We were asked if we had gotten evacuated but nope-no evac for us. So it was a crazy night we were told news crews and the fire dept was there, we never heard a thing, no phone calls, nothing. So I guess you will sleep well there! Ha just make sure you leave a note with the front desk that if anything weird happens they call your room :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
western mass
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed from Friday to Sunday morning. The rooms are nice and the beds comfortable. The staff at the desk are pleasant and helpful. The gym is nice.

The only issue is that the Holiday Inn sign is difficult to see while driving up the highway. Just watch for the Carrabbas Restaurant sign as they share the parking lot with the Holiday Inn.

A big thank you to Aaron C. for his assistance with our wedding weekend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank acnc_mom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This place has excellent service. Brittany at the front desk was extremely helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Great value for the price. Rooms are comfortable and the cookies at the front desk are delicious.

• Stayed August 2012
Scribner, Nebraska
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Greeted by pleasant personnel. Gave me a ginger ale for being a priority member which was nice as they did not have the bottle of water I needed. Had an extremely hard time getting into the hotel's parking lot as you don't see it until it's too late. If you miss your turn; you will go way out of your way trying to get back to it due to the configuration of the road system in Peabody. Outside and entrance look nice. This hotel is an update. If you go beyond the basics you will see dated areas (ex: stairwell) that are not kept up or cleaned. Our air conditioner was noisy but worked. Ceiling fixtures (lights, fans) have been removed since the update and have covers on the holes which is unattractive. Furniture has a good look. TV tabled stored 2 footstool chairs under it which I thought was a good idea to accommodate extra seating if needed. Nice and comfortable leather chair which I appreciated; thinking it was cleaner than a fabric chair would be. Bathroom vanity again was an updated look. Floor was original marble and the stool had not been replaced which was needed. Water never seemed to get hot; no matter how long it ran. Ice maker on our floor did not work. Carpets dirty. Missed not being offered a continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paulloras
Pearl River, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed there July 12-14 for Lax tourney. The rooms are very well kept and clean. Pool was nice and had pool towels to dry off. Staff was very nice and helpful. Asked for a late check-out and were very accommodating. The breakfast buffet that was extra I would skip. $10 per and not too tasty. It is also next to Carrabba's Rest. (separate review) Over all a nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you are going to stay here, google it's location first and look at it. 1 N is a limited (which really means no access) access highway. The Holiday Inn is right at the I-95 and 1 N interchange. There are lanes going everywhere. The Holiday Inn is right next to Carrabbas, which has a big sign by the road. If you miss the Holiday Inn, it could take miles to turn around (the next turn actually goes to the right to make a left turn) and then miles to get going back the right direction again. We know because we did it.

The front desk staff was super friendly even though we were hugely frustrated with our hour drive around Boston in stop and go traffic, then the half hour trying to find the hotel. the highlight of the hotel was the front desk staff.

Our room was nice, king bed was comfortable. Bathroom does have a small shelf and I don't like their shampoo, etc. so I always bring my own. Love it when the lamps have electric plugs for my cellphone and camera chargers.

Water pressure in shower was great and lots of hot water.

No internet...I called front desk and the manager said he would come up to help me with my laptop. I have connected with my laptop in several hotels in the past week with no problem. I knew the internet was the problem, but he came up. Was very nice and tried to get it to work on my laptop. I guess this is when he figured out that it was down. I tried to go to the computers down stairs...two girls were playing games....but those didn't have internet either. It finally came back on about 11pm that night.

Our door stuck. The key card worked fine, but we couldn't get the door open every time. We would push and pull and jiggle the handle and would finally get it open. I don't know if it had just been painted or too much humidity, but it was stuck.

No breakfast, which I miss because we usually stay at the HI Express.

One of my pet peeves is that hotels allow guests or staff to smoke right outside the front door so when I walk out the door I get to walk through cigarette smoke. Why can't there be a designated smoking area with a couple of benches there instead of right outside the front door?

Room Tip: Elevator is slow...you might want to ask for a bottom floor room.