“Typical Holiday Inn dump”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Like most other Horriday Inns, this one failed to meet expectations. The hotel was old (a Holiday Inn trademark), the room door flimsy, and the door lock mechanism practically falling apart. The door frames have no padding between the door and frame, so one can constantly hear slamming and vibrating doors.

No hot water one morning, so had to take a shower with freezing cold water.

The desk chairs have no back support, recline so far that they feel like a mechanical bull, are not adjustable, and are totally unacceptable for anyone who needs to sit and do work for more than five minutes. I can't understand why a hotel would buy 100+ desk chairs that were probably expensive but designed by a complete idiot. A simple, standard, black, fake leather manager's chair can be purchased for under $40 and is actually comfortable.

Most hotels (e.g. Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, etc.) have 24 hour free coffee and tea, but of course Holiday Inns are too cheap and run down to have this.

Some of the towels were obviously dirty, and the sink had several pieces of hair in it when I checked into the room.

Internet was incredibly SLOW.

Some of the housekeepers were nasty.

To sum up, this was a hotel that disappointed my expectations and did not meet the everyday business traveler's standards for cleanliness, comfort, and convenience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jmj98
PierreMerhej, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Dear JMJ:

Judging from the issues you have raised, it seems to me that you might be mistaken as to which hotel you are reviewing, I mean that with all seriousness.

Our hotel has been completly renovated about a year ago, our desk chairs are ergonomic and do not recline back and we do serve complimentary coffee daily from 6:00 am until 11:00 am. As for the cleanliness issue and the towels, we take great pride in that area. I honestly feel that you have the wrong hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We stayed at the Peabody Holiday Inn last weekend. It is rated as a 3 star hotel on Priceline and they accepted a good rate.

The room was clean and quiet. Our room was not on the street side, but overlooked the back parking lot. Check in and check out were quick and efficient.

The sheets were soft and comfy. I am so glad that hotels are getting away from Vellux blankets and slippery bedspreads!

Someone had left the heat on high so the room was stifling intially, but we switched it to AC and it was fine very quickly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NorthernMainiac
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Stayed at the hotel and called ahead to ask if they had bed bugs. They advised me that they did not. When we arrived at the room they had some commercial air flow machine activated on the floor. Since we heard that hotels typically cover up the smell of bed bugs with deodorizers we thought this machine was assisting. The front desk told us they had no idea what the machine was for and there were no bed bugs. About a week later I had a bunch of bites on my legs. A bed bug sniffing dog confirmed our worst fears. I called the hotel on a Saturday and was advised by the hotel manager that he would call me back by the close of business on Monday. Still waiting for his call. A week after that I called corporate and I'm still waiting for the call back from an investigator! I called another week after that and still noting. I honestly believe I brought bed bugs home from this hotel and now they will not even return a phone call. The Holiday Inn clearly does not take customer service seriously!!

2  Thank thew8511
PierreMerhej, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Dear Sir:

upon receipt of your concern we immediatey called in our pest control company( nationally recognized) and provided you with a detailed report with their findings ( Via email), the room was 100% free of bed bugs, even tho you have the copy of the inspection, and noone else that has occupied that room has reported any bites or concern, you insist that you were bitten here, I will be more than happy to send you that inspection report a second time.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

It was fine for one night. Staff was friendly and pleasant. Room was ok. Restaurant next door. Indoor heated pool was nice.

1  Thank Kat333
HolidayInnPeabody, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience at our hotel. We welcome your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

We paid $177.00 for a single room, king size bed. The carpets in the room had dark stains all over them...alll over them; it made the room feel dirty. When we pulled down the blankets to sleep, there were long black hairs stuck several places throughout the sheets. The sheets had not been changed, When we walked to our room there was a broken refridgerator that was stuck in the hallway along with a bunch of trash and room service trays . Those items stayed there our entire stay. It just made me feel like I was a high priced crack hotel. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful, but the room was too nasty for me. It looked run down, dirty and I like clean sheets.

1  Thank Carmella2010
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Desk clerk was very friendly and went out of his way to acknowledge our Priority Club Platinum member status and as usual, we were upgraded to a very nice suite.

The chain hotel next connected to the hotel was busy so we ordered it as room service - very nice touch to enjoy an evening in after a long day in airports and before we headed north to Maine.

The rooms were clean and very well kept.

No complaints!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vtxriders
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Virtually everyone in my wedding party stayed at this hotel, and everyone liked it. I am surprised at the negative reviews I see here as our 5 day stay was quite nice. (Noted several comments about remodeling...that's done now). Staff was pleasant and very helpful. I'd stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tdc2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!