“Impressed with the Marriott Peabody”

Boston Marriott Peabody
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Orlando, Florida
“Impressed with the Marriott Peabody”
Reviewed May 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from April 27, 2007 through April 29, 2007 in room 638. We paid approximately $100.00 a night and overall we were very pleased.

The room was very clean and of above-average size. What we liked most about the room was the very comfortable bed. The bed also had a significant number of very soft pillows. The bathroom was spacious and came with all the usual amenities. We liked the body lotion and shampoo so much that we plan to buy the same brands the next time we go shopping. Just before we were about to leave we saw a nice new bath robe that we could have used. I didn’t have any problem with the climate of the room as other reviewers have complained about.

We both enjoyed the pool area. The pool was very warm and was of a decent size. There were plenty of complimentary towels. The hot tub was also great. I was glad to learn that the pool was open until 11:00 pm, unlike a lot of other hotels that close their pool hours earlier in the day.

We had the breakfast buffet and we were both impressed. The variety was very good and the quality of the food was excellent. The total cost for the buffet for two was about $27.00, a good deal in my opinion.

The hotel was not located within walking distance of any stores or restaurants. Also, the hotel is difficult to reach by car if you’re not familiar with the area. The staff was very friendly and helpful in securing transportation to Salem and to Boston Logan Airport. The day we checked in there were a large number of children in the hotel for a special event so the staff made sure to put us on a different floor from where the children were staying. We appreciated that gesture.

There was only one real complaint I had with my stay and that was the placement of the television set. Instead of the television being placed directly in front of the bed, it was placed perpendicular to the bed. Therefore, if you were lying in bed, you would have to turn your head almost 90 degrees just to look at the television. That was not comfortable.

I was pleased with my stay as I have been with most of my other stays at Marriott Hotels. I would definitely stay here again.

Marc T. Hardekopf

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — Placement of television set
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2007

I stayed at Marriott Peabody in December as part of a conference. It's clean, and the bed in the room is amazingly comfortable. The room is kind of small and awkward to get into. Climate control is always noisy and blowing air very forcefully, even if it's heat it feels cold! Carpet in the hallways and rooms needs to be replaced. Tub tile is old and needs to be replaced. Service was good and friendly. Conference facility was nice. Overall a nice hotel and a VERY good value-- my company had a group rate of $89. For $89 I give it 5 stars. But as a Marriott you expect top notch. It's OK but not top notch.

Fitness center is right over the lobby and is VERY noisy when you come down from your room. It's like they have the treadmills in the lobby.

Will certainly stay again. WAY better than the dump Courtyard in Danvers,MA up the road.

Just could use a freshening up. But if you're getting $100 rates go for it. If it was $200 I'd be disappointed.

• Liked — BEDS, and a good value
  • Disliked — climate control, some older furnishings need to be replaced
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank TropicalTraveler78
Newtown, PA
Reviewed August 27, 2006

We had a great Friday night stay here in August. We got the room through Priceline for $53. Nice big, comfortable king bed on the first floor. The hotel is very well maintained; the landscaping outside is close to perfect. I haven't been to many hotels that have 2 separate workout facilities. One is on the first floor and is connected to the pool area. That section closes at 11pm. However, there is another fitness facility on the second floor, and that is accessible 24 hours. This Marriott also had self-service laundry facilities on the first floor.

We picked this area as a halfway point between Maine and Pennsylvania. It was a great location for taking an easy ride out to the Cape Ann area of Gloucester and Rockport for a Friday evening. We did have a ton of traffic coming from the Mass Pike around Route 128 to Peabody. It was bumper to bumper all the way. Just try to avoid rush hour getting here. I found it simple finding the entrance. Look for the Centennial Drive exit on 128 right after the 95 split and keep making rights. This hotel was an unbelievable bargain at $53.

Stayed August 2006
3 Thank relayer
Albany, NY
Reviewed August 24, 2006

Friends recommended this hotel as being right off the highway and close to everything and.....they were right. We had no trouble finding the hotel - even if it does reside in the middle of an industrial park it's virtually right off the exit ramp. The room was very spacious, bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom facilities were also above the norm. We came on a package deal which I found very reasonable - we got the room, breakfast buffet (very satisfying) and museum tickets (for Peabody Museum in Salem or one of the witch museums) for $146 each night - can't go wrong there. And, we were close to all the areas we love to visit including Marblehead, Salem, the Cape Ann area, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area who likes the comfort of being close to everything but just slightly off the beaten path.

• Liked — close proximity to everything we wanted to see
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cream0616
Hamburg
Reviewed July 18, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel from Jun 8 - Jun 10, 2006, and was very impressed. The Marriott Peabody is a very nice hotel which is conveniently located at Rt 128 / I-95. Rooms are clean, bathrooms are nice and the beds are just a dream. Hotel has a very nice indoor pool, a hot tub and a pricey bar. Hotel staff seemed to be annoyed by early check-in (11:30 am), but still gave me a nice room on 4th floor with 2 double beds.

I paid $59 per night at Priceline, but the hotel is well worth above $100 per night. Remember that this hotel is in an industrial area, so you will need a car to get around. The "North Shore Mall" is a 5-10 minute drive away, as well as several restaurants and sights (Salem, New Hampshire and Maine). I did day-trips from this hotel to explore New England, and for this kind of money you can't do better.

• Liked — The BEDS !
  • Tips/Secrets — Have a car available - public transport is not good there
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed June 8, 2006

We stayed here only one night in May. We were traveling with another family, and both of our rooms were great. Beds comfy, sofa bed comfy. They had an indoor pool, and hot tub, and a fitness center. The bar downstairs was pricey but convenient. The rooms were clean and were a nice size. The staff was friendly and helpful, and seemed to be keeping everything under control despite a home school convention that was being held there. There were tons of kids and parents, but everything was fine without any inconveniences. I can only imagine it being even nicer without the bazillion kids there. The price was great, very affordable, great indoorpool and fitness center and It was very easy to access from interstate (we were on our way to Maine. ).

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank momofme
New York, New York, New York
Reviewed April 7, 2006

Easy to get to - right off the highway, exit 28. But note this is exit 28 after 128 splits off from 95. At the edge of north shore towns such as salem and rockport. It took us no more than 15 minutes to get to rockport - a lovely quaint, oceanside town. Highly recommend if that sounds appealing.

Hotel was impeccably clean as it appears to have been just renovated. Pool/jacuzzi was great. Workout area had about 4 treadmills, a rack of free weights up to 60 lbs and a couple of nautilus machines, and a couple of stair machines. All new equipment and, compared to other hotels of this caliber, a welcome change. Most hotels of this caliber don't even have that much equipment, which is always a pet peeve of mine. Unfortunately, the gym locker room is nothing more than a restroom with one stand up shower. It would be nice to have a much larger area including locker rooms for changing and a couple of showers at least as well as a sauna. Hotels of this type usually have at least that, so I've not sure why this one doesn't.

Didn't try the food, but the brunch looked standard.

Rooms very clean and comfortable. Only problem was the bed sleeping pillows were very small, almost as small as those pillows you get on a plane but with more filling. We found this very odd and not too comfortable. I don't know why hotel management decided to go out of their way to order specially created smaller sized pillows.

Service/people very friendly and easy check-in/out, though there was not a crowd while we stayed there.

We stayed there because of a funeral we attended nearby. When I made reservations, I was disappointed that no bereavement rates were available. So long as a room is available, the hotel should apply a bereavement rate, rather than allocating a certain number of rooms at bereavement rates. Honestly, I don't think the hotel even had bereavement rates at all, which is very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank trippinlikeits1969
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Courtyard Boston Danvers
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody

Been to Boston Marriott Peabody? Share your experiences!