“Thank you Daniel!”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
New York City, New York
“Thank you Daniel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

. The room was comfortable and staff accommodating. Especially Daniel Anastos one of the rooms managers. I had left a dark suit hanging in the closet . When I got back to NY I called and was told it was still there. Thinking I would be back in Peabody in a month or so, I said that I would pick it up. I wound up not going and frankly forgot all about the suit. When I remembered over 6 months later! I called the hotel and was told the suit was probably thrown out. It bothered me that the hotel had not made an effort to call me. I complained to Mr. Anastos via email. and he said he would look into it. Lo and behold he found the suit and had it sent back to me. All with good cheer and service. Thanks again Daniel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We have a great experience during one week, hotel have the essentials and bit more.

The good: food, service, pool, location is perfect, shopping malls around and good restaurants and movie theaters.

The bad: rooms smells weird I cannot think what it is. Prices are mid-high.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dantedpl
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel is very consistent with Marriott quality. I checked in very late and the staff were helpful. No surprises - but I'll be looking for something more interesting considering the rich history of the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott for one night ( a Saturday ) without reservations. We just showed up spur of the moment and were nicely accommodated by helpful, courteous and friendly receptionists. Our only request was for a quiet room and that's what we got. The room was very clean and the king size bed very comfy. We did not use any services so we cannot comment on the other facilities (restaurant, fitness center, etc). It certainly served its purpose for us, and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alas, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at the Boston Marriott Peabody in October. There is food on site and we ordered room service when we got in. This was very nice as we'd been traveling all evening and we got to relax a bit. The room was spacious, neat, and quiet... until about 5am when the fire alarm went off. We filed out of the building and stood there shivering in our pajamas until the fire department declared it all clear. I assumed it was a fluke incident, but the man staying in the next room told us the exact same thing happened the previous night (morning). Luckily, the morning of our second night there was no problem, but it was extremely disruptive and I assume it was due to some error as it happened two nights in a row. Other than the fire alarm incident, though, the hotel was decent, and the only reasonably priced one close to Salem, where we were visiting. I would stay here again, but three fire alarms = three strikes!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert S, Manager at Boston Marriott Peabody, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
PrefersWindowSeat
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Based on your review, I am pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable experience with us, and am glad that we were your chosen place to stay while visiting Salem.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused when our fire safety system went into alarm. Fortunately, this was an isolated incident and I am happy to hear that our system is operating as expected in the interest of our guest’s safety.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to reach me at mhrs.bospb.socialmediaservices@marriott.com

My best,
Bob
Bridgeport, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have stayed in Marriotts over the East Coast for years and this was the third time I've been there for stays of 5 or 6 days. The hotel is a standard Marriott, location a bit out of the way but everything in Peabody is, and the working staff are nice enough. Unfortunately it is incompetently and rudely and inconsiderately managed by the current manager, a Mark Stevens, who disregards that a person stays there for almost a week,spends a thousand dollars, and will not offer the same basic helpful response that managers in other Marriotts provide, even if it will cost a guest time, money, and grief. Just hope that you need nothing and nothing requiring service arises if you stay at this Marriott...or better yet, just ask if Mr. Stevens has been fired yet?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank christopher j
Robert S, Rooms Operations Manager at Boston Marriott Peabody, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
christopher j

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience. Unfortunately there is not a Mark Stevens here at our hotel. I would love to hear more about your experience and offer what ever assistance that I can provide to you. Please feel free to contact the hotel at your convenience at 978-977-9700 and ask to speak with me.

My best,
Bob S.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

With meetings in the local area, I though I would try the hotel. I had read the reviews here - older hotel, decent staff, pleasant lobby. Older hotel usually means loud ventilation; major snow and single digit temps challenge any facility. So it is unfortunate that one thing was a major disappointment for me - the concierge floor is being redone and the lounge was closed. the lounge is my little piece of home - a place to get away from my room when the weather is too harsh to get outside, grab a drink or food morning and evening. The hotel did offer the free (quite good!) breakfast buffet or points to compensate, but there is no notice on the web or other indication that the lounge would be unavailable.
The exercise room was competent; on site guest laundry room useful; wireless worked well enough; it was quiet. My dinner was pretty good as well, at typical Marriott prices; the bartender/waiter was very nice.
Location requires a car (at least under the weather conditions) to find food or fun, but then is not far from restaurants, malls and other resources.

Room Tip: If you expect to use the lounge, make sure they have finished the construction. Bring a swim suit i...