“Fine hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Fine hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Marriott for one night ( a Saturday ) without reservations. We just showed up spur of the moment and were nicely accommodated by helpful, courteous and friendly receptionists. Our only request was for a quiet room and that's what we got. The room was very clean and the king size bed very comfy. We did not use any services so we cannot comment on the other facilities (restaurant, fitness center, etc). It certainly served its purpose for us, and we would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Alas, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at the Boston Marriott Peabody in October. There is food on site and we ordered room service when we got in. This was very nice as we'd been traveling all evening and we got to relax a bit. The room was spacious, neat, and quiet... until about 5am when the fire alarm went off. We filed out of the building and stood there shivering in our pajamas until the fire department declared it all clear. I assumed it was a fluke incident, but the man staying in the next room told us the exact same thing happened the previous night (morning). Luckily, the morning of our second night there was no problem, but it was extremely disruptive and I assume it was due to some error as it happened two nights in a row. Other than the fire alarm incident, though, the hotel was decent, and the only reasonably priced one close to Salem, where we were visiting. I would stay here again, but three fire alarms = three strikes!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Robert S, Manager at Boston Marriott Peabody, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
PrefersWindowSeat
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Based on your review, I am pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable experience with us, and am glad that we were your chosen place to stay while visiting Salem.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused when our fire safety system went into alarm. Fortunately, this was an isolated incident and I am happy to hear that our system is operating as expected in the interest of our guest’s safety.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to reach me at mhrs.bospb.socialmediaservices@marriott.com

My best,
Bob
Bridgeport, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Have stayed in Marriotts over the East Coast for years and this was the third time I've been there for stays of 5 or 6 days. The hotel is a standard Marriott, location a bit out of the way but everything in Peabody is, and the working staff are nice enough. Unfortunately it is incompetently and rudely and inconsiderately managed by the current manager, a Mark Stevens, who disregards that a person stays there for almost a week,spends a thousand dollars, and will not offer the same basic helpful response that managers in other Marriotts provide, even if it will cost a guest time, money, and grief. Just hope that you need nothing and nothing requiring service arises if you stay at this Marriott...or better yet, just ask if Mr. Stevens has been fired yet?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank christopher j
Robert S, Rooms Operations Manager at Boston Marriott Peabody, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
christopher j

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience. Unfortunately there is not a Mark Stevens here at our hotel. I would love to hear more about your experience and offer what ever assistance that I can provide to you. Please feel free to contact the hotel at your convenience at 978-977-9700 and ask to speak with me.

My best,
Bob S.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

With meetings in the local area, I though I would try the hotel. I had read the reviews here - older hotel, decent staff, pleasant lobby. Older hotel usually means loud ventilation; major snow and single digit temps challenge any facility. So it is unfortunate that one thing was a major disappointment for me - the concierge floor is being redone and the lounge was closed. the lounge is my little piece of home - a place to get away from my room when the weather is too harsh to get outside, grab a drink or food morning and evening. The hotel did offer the free (quite good!) breakfast buffet or points to compensate, but there is no notice on the web or other indication that the lounge would be unavailable.
The exercise room was competent; on site guest laundry room useful; wireless worked well enough; it was quiet. My dinner was pretty good as well, at typical Marriott prices; the bartender/waiter was very nice.
Location requires a car (at least under the weather conditions) to find food or fun, but then is not far from restaurants, malls and other resources.

Room Tip: If you expect to use the lounge, make sure they have finished the construction. Bring a swim suit i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank XBRL_tripper
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

A comfortable king-size bed , a good view of the tree-lined area from the top floor, and the efficient staff contribute to a pleasant stay. This is a great location for visits to historic Salem, Marblehead, and other
coastal towns.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TWAflyer
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this location regularly for many years and have enjoyed consistently good quality service from check-in to check-out. The front desk staff are top notch, and their welcome takes some of the sting out of another night away from home.

The prices vary widely by season, but the location and overall experience are rarely overpriced.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Midlothian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were guests at this hotel for close to three weeks, while in town for business.
The property is large. Older, but updated. The lobby was clean and nice. The front desk staff was polite and helpful.

The business center is MAJORLY outdated. I use gmail and had files sent to me I needed to open and print and their business center computers were unable to open them. I initially had to forward these files to hotel employees to print from their updated computers, but eventually just went out and bought a printer to keep in my room.

We had adjoining rooms, on the 2nd floor. First off, I would never stay on a lower floor in the front again - the racket made from the landscapers early in the morning on weekdays was incredibly loud, as was the frequent noise at all hours from tour buses. If staying for an extended time, DO request a room in the back, or on a higher level. The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable. Were it not for the noise I would have 100% satisfaction with that part of our stay. I also liked that they used the Orange ENERGY shampoo and conditioners from Bath and Body works. Only drawback to the bathroom was the toilet that failed to flush properly, and the tub was not comfortable for soaking.

The hotel only has ONE coin operated washer and dryer available. The dryer can dry a small load on one cycle, but not a full load. As it is the only one there can be a wait. Plan accordingly.

The hotel has free wi-fi, but it requests you sign in multiple times per day, and when you do so it is easy to accidentally click on the more expensive $12.99-per-day hi speed rate instead of the free basic. Be careful of that.

The staff in the restaurant/lounge varies - most of the bartenders were spectacular, whereas some of the wait staff was surly and inattentive. Food was overpriced and just OK, except for the quesadillas and chocolate cake, which were delicious.

The hotel is close to Salem, Beverly, and a short drive to Gloucester and Boston. There are many restaurants and shops close by.

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and hot tub.

Overall I would stay there again, but as mentioned before I WOULD insist on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Stay on UPPER level, or in back - AVOID lower level rooms in the front.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
4.5 of 5 stars 1,816 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers

Been to Boston Marriott Peabody? Share your experiences!