Boston Marriott Peabody
$172
$159
Homewood
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
$148
$139
$118
$106
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

$110
$204
$149
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel restaurantoff the highwaybusiness tripnice hotelexercise roomplenty of free parkingcomfortable roomsnorth shorenight's sleepwould stay here againshort drivehot tubbreakfast buffetking bedindoor pool
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this location regularly for many years and have enjoyed consistently good quality service from check-in to check-out. The front desk staff are top notch, and their welcome takes some of the sting out of another night away from home.

The prices vary widely by season, but the location and overall experience are rarely overpriced.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were guests at this hotel for close to three weeks, while in town for business.
The property is large. Older, but updated. The lobby was clean and nice. The front desk staff was polite and helpful.

The business center is MAJORLY outdated. I use gmail and had files sent to me I needed to open and print and their business center computers were unable to open them. I initially had to forward these files to hotel employees to print from their updated computers, but eventually just went out and bought a printer to keep in my room.

We had adjoining rooms, on the 2nd floor. First off, I would never stay on a lower floor in the front again - the racket made from the landscapers early in the morning on weekdays was incredibly loud, as was the frequent noise at all hours from tour buses. If staying for an extended time, DO request a room in the back, or on a higher level. The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable. Were it not for the noise I would have 100% satisfaction with that part of our stay. I also liked that they used the Orange ENERGY shampoo and conditioners from Bath and Body works. Only drawback to the bathroom was the toilet that failed to flush properly, and the tub was not comfortable for soaking.

The hotel only has ONE coin operated washer and dryer available. The dryer can dry a small load on one cycle, but not a full load. As it is the only one there can be a wait. Plan accordingly.

The hotel has free wi-fi, but it requests you sign in multiple times per day, and when you do so it is easy to accidentally click on the more expensive $12.99-per-day hi speed rate instead of the free basic. Be careful of that.

The staff in the restaurant/lounge varies - most of the bartenders were spectacular, whereas some of the wait staff was surly and inattentive. Food was overpriced and just OK, except for the quesadillas and chocolate cake, which were delicious.

The hotel is close to Salem, Beverly, and a short drive to Gloucester and Boston. There are many restaurants and shops close by.

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool, and hot tub.

Overall I would stay there again, but as mentioned before I WOULD insist on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Stay on UPPER level, or in back - AVOID lower level rooms in the front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed here before with pretty decent experience. This was the first time that I stayed for more than 2 days. That's where things deteriorated. Coffee rings on tables not cleaned, breakfast room service not cleared out till next day, toiletries and coffee supplies not replenished, breakfast was late by 40 mins for delivery. When I complained they did give me added points, but room was still not clean the next day. I hope this was just a bad week and not usual for long term stays. The desk staff are nice and responsive. Rooms are comfortable, and the hotel is not far from the NorthShore Mall, that. means decent dining nearby.

Room Tip: The elevator takes for ever. So low floors means you can take steps.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have never been a big fan of any hotel/motel under the Marriot Flag so when my son said he had booked a room here for our Halloween Visit to Salem, I was less than thrilled. As it was, the room we had was a bit tired with knicks on the furniture and the TV remote not working well. It was however, very clean. Our room faced towards I95/128 and traffic noise was evident although with the fan on, the room was sleepworthy. The restaurant food (Sophia's) at dinner was very good albeit expensive. The breakfast would have been a complete budget breaker so we did not try it. The facility itself was well maintained and the staff friendly and courteous. As with most things in and about Boston, the stay was a very expensive. Although this stay was overall successful, it didn't do much to dispell the poor experiences I've had at other Marriott properties. I think If we were to take this trip again, I'd chance another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank goodoldroute15
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The restaurant attached was decent. Great breakfast. The hotel was fine. Room was clean and can't really complain other than we didn't get the room service menu all week except the day we arrived. But who cares in the big scheme of things. Our Room 248 was fine. Room service was good. Never used the pool or other amenities, so I can't say anything. Check in/out was a breeze and staff was always friendly and helpful. We would stay here again,

Room Tip: Room 248 was good. No complaints
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple