“OK...”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Nottingham, New Hampshire
“OK...”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Don't know -- didn't "feel" like a Marriott, more like a Courtyard, and not a very nice one at that. The girl who greeted us at the front desk, reads my reservation and states, "one queen?" When I corrected her that I booked a room with 2 doubles, because I was staying with my eight year old son, she quipped, "You must be mistaken, bc the reservation is booked for 1 queen and thats all we have available" Luckily, she was IMMEDIATELY REMOVED by a knowledgeable slightly older woman behind the desk, who swept her away and said, "I'll handle this."

She did, and was quite courteous, after several minutes of typing on various computers we had our room. The room itself was small, the 2 beds seemed tight, and not as clean as I generally come to expect from Marriott. There were cobwebs in 2 corners and fixtures were dusty. I wasn't about to ask for another room, as we were there for one night, and clearly I had the only room with 2 doubles left in the place.

The restaurant wasn't bad. Certainly over-priced as hotel restaurants would be, but convenient, and the staff was wonderful. The food was generic, struck me as sort of Applebee's frozen type fare, but fine for my son and I in a pinch.

1 Thank AmandaDell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
NH
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed two nights with my tennis team playing in New England Championships. They gave us a wonderful rate thru the USTA and even hosted out banquet for 300 people. Check in/check out was a breeze even though it was very busy. The room was spacious, immaculate and quiet. Beds were very comfortable and the amenities in the bathroom were very nice. I was so impressed with the banquet facility and how they handled our large crowd.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pattyzplace
CT
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We (2 adults and 1 child) stayed here for a Sunday and Monday night while visiting Salem, MA. This is a nice location in a fairly quiet area, but still convenient to the highway and local businesses and attractions. From here, it was a short, maybe 10 minute ride into Salem to visit the attractions.

The hotel itself was what you would expect from a Marriott. It was clean, up-to-date, and the staff was exceptionally friendly. I usually find Marriott pools to be pretty chilly, but the indoor pool here was comfortable and quiet, at least on the days were we there. The hotel seems to cater mostly to the business folk, so that could be part of it.

The restaurant - Sophia's - has a very nice breakfast buffet. The food was excellent, and again, the staff was very friendly.

2 Thank DaveLovesDining
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Travelling on business in June and had real trouble finding a hotel in Boston/Cambridge due to an NBA game. So decided to stay out at this hotel which looked like a 15 min drive out of the city. It was probably a bit further out that we anticipated, and "Boston" in the name of the hotel is a little misleading, but the hotel was pretty good. Nice bar/restaurant which stayed open late and was good as we didn't arrive until 11pm. The gym was also really nice. Only slight complaint was a rather foosty smelling room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Matthew P
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wish I could find someone as helpful as her everywhere we stay. As a family of 5 it can be a challenge to get comfortable sleeping arrangements for everyone, especially since we are all adult sized if not all "adults", just being an odd number itself can be difficult. After fruitlessly searching other local establishments I ran in here and Candace hooked me up with a great price and a wonderful spacious room. Thank you so much....you rock! All the other amenities were very nice too, good food, plenty of towels, attentive staff and a huge jar full of lollipops I tried to keep my big kids from tasking too many of :) !!

Room Tip: Be nice to those you need something nice from!
1 Thank Beth R
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

It was a tipical Marriott hotel nothing special buffet was ok omelette station was the best waffle delicious the staff was awesome the pool was nice clean the rooms clean the stag was nice nothing bad to say about it. I would recommend it to every one

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Villanaono
dublin
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice staff room pleasant breakfast good buffet style. Good facilities pool sun area etc. Really nice bar and staff laundry room was a blessing again Marriott always delivers cant say much more but do try for yourself you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Courtyard Boston Danvers

Been to Boston Marriott Peabody? Share your experiences!