“Loved Pellana!”
Review of Pellana

Pellana
Reserve with OpenTable
Pellana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our party of four had a fabulous meal on a busy Friday night. Two of us were from the area, two from out of state, and we all concurred that this was one of the most enjoyable dinners we've had. Even on a Friday, it still felt comfortable and not overly noisy. Our server, James, attended to our every need (or whim!) and his warm smile and great sense of humor really added to the experience. The food was just delicious, from our appetizers of mixed shellfish (had to order a second plate of oysters - they were awesome!) and clams casino (the best we've had), and the fantastic meals - we all had steak, and it was oh-so-good! Three of us had a chef's special of filet mignon, and one had a sirloin, and all proclaimed the taste was delicious and meat melt-in-your-mouth tender. The whipped mashed potatoes were out of this world, and we were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the lobster mac&cheese. Likewise on the dessert- the creme brulee was light and airy and yummmm, and the bananas foster was just unbelievable, what a flavor - don't miss it! (the only sad thing was the flambe didn't occur at the table so we could see it!). My mouth is watering just recalling all this great food - this was a definitely a time I wished I could've eaten more!! The atmosphere and decor is so comfortable and indulgent-feeling, you really felt like you were being treated to something special. Which we definitely were!!

There are newer reviews for Pellana

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We loved the old world club atmosphere of this restaurant where we celebrated our 43rd anniversary. This was our first visit to Pellana although we live nearby. It was wonderful to find a big city style steak house on the North Shore.
We had reservations and were warmly greeted by the hostess and promptly seated at a lovely roomy booth. Our server arrived promptly and was unfailingly perfect for the entire visit. The wine list was terrific with a huge selection of half bottles as well as the normal wines by the glass and bottle. I selected the Pellana salad as a starter and was impressed by the fabulously fresh salad with cranberries and nuts and a lemony dressing presented like a haystack. Truly memorable. For entrees my husband chose the 10 oz filet meduim with a side of hand cut fries. I ordered the surf and turf ( medium rare) and a side of bernaise.
When the steaks arrived and we cut into them, both steaks were overdone. The meduim was well done and the medium rare was a true medium. We have never encountered poorly cooked steaks in a steak house in fact most higher end establishments produce perfectly cooked steaks. Not so here. My husband sent his back. I decided to keep mine and concentrate on the baked stuffed shrimp, the surf. The shrimp were fabulous. Very tasty stuffing and flavorful suculent shrimp....heaven! The replacement steak arrived promptly. Unfortunately this one was a true medium rare not the ordered medium. My husband and I just swapped plates rather than request that his steak be cooked more. The new steak was medium rare, which is my favorite, but frankly too dry, wih no juciness whatsoever. I spooned on the bernaise for some moisture but the bernaise was thin and almost flavorless. I think of bernaise as needing more flavor to stand up to hearty steaks. We can only think that the regular chef was off the night we went and the substitute just wasn't up to par. $46 is a lot to pay for such poorly cooked steaks. Again, everything else was wonderful.

2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pellana never lets me down. This is an upscale restaurant with superb food. Every time I go I can't wait to go back again. I have never had a bad meal or experience there. This is a great place for a date or a birthday celebration dinner or a girls' night out. It can easily be romantic but there is room for larger parties too. The ambiance is excellent. The menu choices are varied. The prices are not cheap but the portions are on the larger side. Mouthwatering food! The bar is is large with room for chatting and meeting people. Parking is a snap as they have a big lot. Its in a strange location in a strip mall area but just ignore that because once you step inside you will be in a sophisticated delicious world.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food and service are both quite good,but staff needs some training in handling outrageous customers. There was a table of six that was beyond loud and obnoxious and every other table was clearly annoyed. I know this is a delicate balance for the staff, but by allowing their behavior to continue, at least a dozen other people have been alienated. A perfectly lovely evening was ruined and although the hostess apologized profusely, she did not ask them to leave. Apparently, this is a recurrent issue as supported by the manager and other reviews below. If these horrible people are regulars, one would have to think long and hard about a return visit.

1  Thank RT/DT
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pellana is a big city steak house tucked in the North Shore of Boston. The occasion was our 36th wedding anniversary, and we were treated to a very large gift card by our children. The ambience is lovely: lots of dark woodwork, beautifully framed artwork, oriental carpets. The wine list is enormous, and truly has something for everyone, offering single glasses, half and full bottles of very elegant wine. The service was exceptional, with our server, Michelle, very attentive without being obtrusive. We began our experience by being served huge chunks of crusty bread. My husband ordered the clam chowder, which he proclaimed the best "restaurant" clam chowder (he is quite fussy about his chowder!). It was on the thinner side, just the way he likes it, full of clams and three or four clam shells for presentation. I ordered the beefsteak tomato appetizer special, which included two thick slices of tomato, topped with burrata mozzarella, a chiffonade of basil and some seriously delicious Balsamico. Our entrees were a 16 oz prime sirloin and a 10 oz filet mignon with a portobello Demi glacé. Both cooked perfectly to our liking, and very, very tender. Our sides, which we split, were blue cheese mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and a very unusual grilled corn with peppers, bacon and just a bit of cream. Yummy! We only finished half of everything so as to leave room for dessert.....he had a brownie sundae, while I had a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wish I could remember the name of my dessert coffee....it had Frangelico, Tia Maria and creme de cacao....very nice indeed! For us, Pellana is a special occasion restaurant as it is pricey, but in our opinion, worth every dime. Can't wait to visit there again!