“Love this Place!”
Review of Pellana

Pellana
Reserve with OpenTable
Pellana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Pellana never lets me down. This is an upscale restaurant with superb food. Every time I go I can't wait to go back again. I have never had a bad meal or experience there. This is a great place for a date or a birthday celebration dinner or a girls' night out. It can easily be romantic but there is room for larger parties too. The ambiance is excellent. The menu choices are varied. The prices are not cheap but the portions are on the larger side. Mouthwatering food! The bar is is large with room for chatting and meeting people. Parking is a snap as they have a big lot. Its in a strange location in a strip mall area but just ignore that because once you step inside you will be in a sophisticated delicious world.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food and service are both quite good,but staff needs some training in handling outrageous customers. There was a table of six that was beyond loud and obnoxious and every other table was clearly annoyed. I know this is a delicate balance for the staff, but by allowing their behavior to continue, at least a dozen other people have been alienated. A perfectly lovely evening was ruined and although the hostess apologized profusely, she did not ask them to leave. Apparently, this is a recurrent issue as supported by the manager and other reviews below. If these horrible people are regulars, one would have to think long and hard about a return visit.

1  Thank RT/DT
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pellana is a big city steak house tucked in the North Shore of Boston. The occasion was our 36th wedding anniversary, and we were treated to a very large gift card by our children. The ambience is lovely: lots of dark woodwork, beautifully framed artwork, oriental carpets. The wine list is enormous, and truly has something for everyone, offering single glasses, half and full bottles of very elegant wine. The service was exceptional, with our server, Michelle, very attentive without being obtrusive. We began our experience by being served huge chunks of crusty bread. My husband ordered the clam chowder, which he proclaimed the best "restaurant" clam chowder (he is quite fussy about his chowder!). It was on the thinner side, just the way he likes it, full of clams and three or four clam shells for presentation. I ordered the beefsteak tomato appetizer special, which included two thick slices of tomato, topped with burrata mozzarella, a chiffonade of basil and some seriously delicious Balsamico. Our entrees were a 16 oz prime sirloin and a 10 oz filet mignon with a portobello Demi glacé. Both cooked perfectly to our liking, and very, very tender. Our sides, which we split, were blue cheese mashed potatoes, sautéed spinach and a very unusual grilled corn with peppers, bacon and just a bit of cream. Yummy! We only finished half of everything so as to leave room for dessert.....he had a brownie sundae, while I had a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Wish I could remember the name of my dessert coffee....it had Frangelico, Tia Maria and creme de cacao....very nice indeed! For us, Pellana is a special occasion restaurant as it is pricey, but in our opinion, worth every dime. Can't wait to visit there again!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We enjoyed our recent visit to Pellana, it is an amazing dining experience. It has the cuisine and ambiance of the best Boston steakhouses.The food was fabulous and the steaks ( a filet and prime New York sirloin ) were cooked perfectly. The portions were generous and the center cut Swordfish was thick and large. Our group shared 3 sides, all were tasty and complemented the entrees. I was glad I saved room for dessert and enjoyed the chocolate cake.
The dining room was bustling yet not noisy, the service was attentive but not overbearing and we never felt rushed. We will definitely return to Pellana.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Why go downtown?

Pellana was a fantastic experience. We were not rushed at all. After a few drinks, we ordered our appetizers. It's nice to be in a restaurant that doesn't REQUIRE you to order your entire meal at once.

My Duxbury oysters were briney and delicious. After the apps, we ordered our dinners. I had the Prime New York Sirloin, my wife had the salmon. My steak was done to perfection. Medium rare and very juicy. Dear wife loved her salmon.

The baked potato was bigger than my liver. I mean who really needs a potato that size? But it too was very good, coated with sea salt.

Martinis? Not bad. I'd like them a little bigger but then again, I have 11 oz. martini glasses at home.

The service was just super. Expect to pay premium Boston chop house prices but then you don't have to pay for a valet and tip.

Again fantastic.

Done.

Been to Pellana? Share your experiences!