“Perfect every time”
Review of Pellana

Pellana
Reserve with OpenTable
Pellana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Perfect every time”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We first went to Pellana almost two years ago and have been frequenting this gem on every trip since. We have tried all the big name steak houses in Boston...Abe and Louie's, Capital Grill, Flemmings...none come close to having everything Pellana does. Sure, it's expensive but it's the best value out there. The food is consistently fresh, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service always reliable and it is always a pleasant evening. It's the most flavorful steak I've had in years and the more elaborate entrees are equally delicious. The lobster Mac and cheese is memorable as well as the chopped salad. Do yourself a favor and try this find of a restaurant. I'm yet to find one better.

1 Thank Diamondgi

Cypress, Texas
“Best North Shore Steak House”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

No need to drive into Boston to the major steak houses. This steak house will stand up to any steak house in Boston.

3 Thank Mark K
boston
“Great Steak House on the North Shore”
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I have lived on the North Shore for several years and have been meaning to try this place. My husband and I finally decided to try it tonight for his birthday.

As soon as I walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is lovely and very cozy. We sat next to the fireplace on a cold winter night.
The food was very good and I ate way too much but it was worth it.

The place is a little pricey but it was a special occasion so it was well worth it.
We'll definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank gdavan
justajoe
“Oddly, unsatisfying for a Sat Night Steak House”
Reviewed December 13, 2008

The equals to our Boston Favorite Steak Houses at Pellana are ...Decor and Prices. We went there on a celebration dinner with friends. Reservations were made and we arrived a few minutes early. Upon entry the restaurant is impressive with dark woods, tile entry way, big-old-booth tables, white linens table clothes and a vested friendly wait staff. Oddly we were asked to wait for seats even though the Bar area was Standing Room only and, there were four to five Empty tables within view. (Including the table that we were ultimately seated at. ) Not a huge issue just a bit uncomfortable and odd.

The waiter greeted us just fine, with a slice of crunchy fresh Italian style bread. The Special Appetizer of the evening was nicely prepared but served almost at room temperature. There isn't much to say about a salad but I will say that they have enough variety to fit any fancy. The Clam Chowder was lacking in clams and had a yellow-ish tint. Our order included Three Different PRIME Steaks among other dishes that were Supremely Unsatisfying, in Presentation & in Taste.

I actually thought that I was upgrading my selection when the waiter came back to inform me that they had RUN OUT of Rib-eye's. I ordered the Porterhouse figuring I'd have the best of both steak worlds.

I can not with any justice describe the disappointment at the table when the main dishes arrived. Each plate did not present well as the steaks were deeply blackened and garnished haphazardly. My Porterhouse looked as if it were a Porterhouse Jr. and my wife's Fillet Mignon literally looked like a hockey puck. Ok, at this point I figured that our dishes do not have look like a work of art I was holding out hope...and then...I tasted it.

The next day I spoke with the manager (not looking for any refunds here, they just charged me for the rib-eye, that they ran out of and, the porterhouse that I actually was served...I was credited for this oversight on their part) who informed me that this is the way they prepare their steaks. They actually researched and believe that LAYERING a steak with CHAR on the grille and then transferring into an Oven for the majority of its cooking is the way to go. We were served prime aged beef that required the full use of the Hefty Steak knives provided. The meat was quality but ill-prepared causing it to become dry and tough.

Regarding the bit of seafood that was served, Cocktail Sauce with the Lobster Casserole (as Part of the Surf&Turf Filet & Lobster) would have been an improvement on the dish. The lobster looked as if it had been micro waved and dropped in a tiny side dish and someone tossed Ritz crackers with butter and lemon and served it.

I do have to say that this was our first time at this restaurant. And that it did not come with recommendations but word of mouth that it is an upscale steakhouse in an odd location. We expected Boston Quality for Boston Prices and what we got was an oddly located establishment that failed to impress.

4 Thank justajoe
Boston
“Nice steakhouse in the burbs”
Reviewed April 25, 2008

We went here last night for my mom's 80th birthday dinner. She did not want to go into the city (parking, traffic etc) and picked this spot. The food and service were very good and prices seemed high but fine (four of us shared three entrees and still took food home). They recently expended so the restaurant was not nearly full. It's a lovely space (like many of the fancy steakhouses in town) and has a feel of dark wood and spacious seating. I appreciated that it was not overly noisy but would have liked a more lively atmosphere of people. The salads, side dishes were all very good.

1 Thank sueBoston