“Best Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

If your looking for good food, great service and a clean kitchen, then this is the place to go. I have tried many different dinners here and they are all great. I just recently did a take out of two salads, one was steak tip and the other chicken and both were delicious. Not only that but they give you alot of food on it, its not all lettuce. My favorite i usually get are a dozen meatballs and because they are sooooo good i even eat them for breakfast. Thats right - breakfast. If i could give them a 10 star, they would have it!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Recently, I had my twins christening at Petrillo's and was completely impressed. Let me start by saying Linda the owner, went above an beyond. She is such a nice woman. My son was sick she took the time to call me and she how he was feeling.
We had my boys christening upstairs and everything was perfect. My guests raved about the food. All the food is homemade right to order and was excellent. The calamari and eggplant appetizers were amazing!! We had the pollo al Linda, veal, meatballs, lasagna and everything was phenomenal.. I highly recommend Petrillo's not just for their food but for the personable owner and staff.. We had a fantastic day! Thank you Linda and staff for help make my sons day special..

Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you live in Peabody or nearby put Petrillo's on your places to try. Family owned, not a chain, which is what we look for. Excellent food. Best homemade Caesar dressing and the eggplant melanzane (spelling) appetizer is delish! I never had a bad meal in all the years I have frequented Petrillo's in downtown Peabody. Been there over 30 times.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

i enjoy going here with my husband i love the home made food i dont usally like to eat italian food out, because most places have sauce out of a can iwith oregano in it. Petrillos sauce is made from fresh italian tomatoes for the maranata sauce, and the pasta bolognese is to die for you. The only thing is, you need to call ahead because it is made fresh and goes fast and they dont have it everyday. A must to try ! the owners are very pleasant ,It is a busy place! what upset is when I see negative reviews .pricey? hellow .....home made from scratch,you get what u pay for' and some people have eaten caned ,boxed,and jared for so long that they dont know good food when they have it ! Let me say this my husband and i have owned our one restauants and let me tell you this it isnt easy to please everyone and u wont know matter how much you go out of your way! this restaurant and the owners work very hard and it shows and always ames to please i have eaten there at least fify something times and out of that one time the pasta was a little chewey but is that a reason to wright a negitive review one out of how many times to be honest with you i never write a review i just looked them up for the phone number to call to make reservations for tonite for us and an other couple and happend to see the revews and some of the thing people were commenting on and i had to set the record stright never write a review on a one time experience it could hurt a business . Trust me if this wasnt a great place to go they would not be as busy as they are. and i wouldnt be calling for reservtions to make sure we can get in i hope they have the pasta BOLOGNESE....mmmmmmm gooooooood looking foward to it!

3  Thank gtnadeau
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This restaurant serves the freshest food! On a cold night out with another couple, this was surely the best place we could have eaten at. The restaurant is small and family orientated. The stuffed artichokes with goat cheese was like heaven on a cloud. The eggplant appetizer was flavorful and cooked just right. The four main entrees were delicious and served after we had finished our appetizers. (Not like some restaurants that serve the entree while a person is still eating their appetizer). The atmosphere was relaxed, the bread soooo good, and the chiant the best we had since visiting Florence, Italy. This resturant is a must visit for anyone looking for homecooked, fresh, well thought out, and well prepared Italian food, and family owned!

1  Thank bobmarg