“fresh seafood”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
“fresh seafood”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had been eating at Legal Seafood every now and then. Last week, we went to the Legal Seafood in Burlington mall. We had sashimi, raw oysters and other fish and shrimp dishes. We all happy with our dishes. The food was tasty and fresh. But it was a little pricy.

• Visited December 2013

“If it's fresh....how about, if it's CLEAN!!??”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went to Legal's Sea Foods -- located at the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA -- for a fresh fish lunch the other day, looking forward to the same usual and delicious stand-bys I have come to expect from Legal's: clam chowder, fish and chips with cole slaw, a cuppa tea, etc.

Decided to try a fish sandwich, for a change, with a side of broccoli and cheese, skipping the bun and tartar sauce, to make for a healthier meal. It was all quite yummy, until I happened to turn my tea cup around.... I looked at my cup of tea, and noticed it was stained with dried, brown smudges, dripping down the outside and along the rim of the cup! It did NOT make for a good feeling in the tummy, wondering what kind of bacteria had been lurking there!

The manager was rather cavalier about the whole matter, claiming that these were just tea stains and the dishwasher must have not been working properly. Small comfort! She told me that she threw away the cup, and proceeded to comp me for my chowder and tea. When I went to pay the remainder of the bill, I asked the kindly and sympathetic waiter for a glass of water before I left. To my dismay, I found gray drip stains on this proffered glass rim, as well! I decided to leave well enough alone, and head home for any further libations.

Here's hoping that Legal's can get their dishwashers repaired and in good working order soon, or this regular will be looking elsewhere for fresh AND clean!

• Visited December 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Never disappointing”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Sat at the bar with a friend and had cocktails with some oysters and mussels; all good- The menu calls the oyster "Oysters Legal," breaded, and the mussels in garlic sauce were fabulous!

• Visited November 2013
Dover, New Hampshire, 03820 USA
“Mother & Son's Birthday dinner”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Mother turned 90 years of age. Me 63. We both had the Cioppino. Just fabulous. She ate the whole thing, rice & bread also. Even the waiter complimented her on her great apatite. She commented back " no trouble when it's this darned good. Can't wait to go there & have the Cioppino again, soon. Great job Legal staff.

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food Great prices”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had the shrimp casserole and it was real good but if your hungry order an appetizer before your meal I also ordered a side salad and for $5.95 it was not worth it. My wife had the Annie's baked scrod and she loved it. Overall the seafood here is top notch but the prices are also top notch also.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!