“Very dependable and fresh food!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Salem, Massachusetts
“Very dependable and fresh food!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoy eating here. The fish is excellent and the service is always friendly and competent. Legal is a great standby when you are looking for a healthy and satisfying meal.

Visited December 2012

Boxford, Massachusetts
“Very good, portions could be better”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Although the food is very good, the portion sizes are not so good. The sushi appetizer is delicious, however, don't think you're going to get full when eating it. Decent wines by the glass, however they could do better with pricing if they brought in more chilean, Argentinan, and Spanish wines. I am always impressed when a restaurant can offer a nice glass of wine for $8 or less.

Visited January 2013
New Milford, Connecticut
“Way overpriced for the food”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I went with a group of friends who half love seafood, and other other half don't care for it. Personally I am allergic to shellfish and my husband LOVES anything shellfish. He was quite happy with his meal, a friend got a meal that was very salty, another friend said what he got was ok. Me on the other hand, I only had like 2 or 3 options of food. I ended up getting a very overpriced steak which wasn't worth half the money. I know a person that is allergic to seafood went to a seafood restaurant and didn't have a good meal... what should I have expected? I would at least expect the items they have on the menu to be decent for the price...

• Visited February 2012
Portland, Oregon
“Great Fish”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stopped by for a quick dinner. Had a great time. Three of us had 3 different entrees and we all enjoyed our meals. Servers were fine, timely service. A great place to go when you don't need something real fancy (read: real expensive) and want a good meal. I'd go back frequently if I lived in the aea.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank C B
“Poor Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went for dinner to celebrate my son's birthday. There were 5 of us on a Friday night that was not busy for the restaurant. The food is very good but the service was poor. We had to ask twice for the drink that had been ordered to be brought to the table. It took 20 minutes. My father in-law clam chowder was never served. When we asked the waiter about it, he seemed incredulous that it had not been served. He did apologize. A manager came over to assure us it would not be added to the bill as we were ending the meal. Maybe they had an off night.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!