“Fresh and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Rowlett, Texas
“Fresh and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

We arrived from Texas and were told this was a "must" but we were leary considering it was located in a shopping mall. I am so glad we took everyone's recommendation. The food was fresh, tasted great and the service was beyond reproach. Due to the large portion size, we did not try dessert so I can't comment on that. My husband had a wood-fired grill assortment with 3 kinds of grilled fish plus shrimp and scallops and I had a seafood trio of fried shrimp, scallops and clams. Those 2 entrees plus one cocktail and a cup of clam chowder totaled $61 before tip. It was worth every penny-even the bread was wonderful. The atmosphere was casual (we wore jeans and sweaters) and everyone we came into contact with was friendly. The atmosphere was warm, cozy and comfortable. Not really a place for kids-more of a couples or business luncheon, pub feel.

• Visited November 2011

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Dinner day 1, Lunch day 2”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Service both days was excellent. Both waitresses were very helpful and informative. Food was excellent. My kids loved the dumplings andI had the lobster roll for lunch on day 2. I think it was $22 but you basically had a whole 1lb lobster on a roll.

We are pretty picky eaters so I would rate the service as excellent and the food very good but not quite excellent. My daughters fish was OK and my son didn't like his choice but can't really blame the restaurant for that.

Visited October 2011
Cypress, Texas
“No matter what a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

Never had a bad lunch or dinner here. My customers from all over the world ask to come here and I enjoy each meal.

Great place for lobster also. The kids menu is priced right ever for the lobster.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Had the lobster seafood bake. It was really good and very well prepared. Service was excellent. I reserved via open table and was seated as soon as I arrived.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Two meals in the past years have both been very good. It's located in a large mall at the end of an ugly hallway, so I was expecting a watered down version of othe Legal Seafoods. Surprisingly, this location provided the two best Legal Seafood meals I've ever had. The service is good and the food is always prepared properly. the faciltiy is clean and the bathrooms are comfortable and in good order.

I ordered the tuna burger at both this location and the Long Wharf location a few days later. The Peabody version came with a small ramekin of the excellent pepper sauce as well as better vegetable and a better plated meal. It's not a huge thing, but when you are a formula restaurant like Legals, this is the make or break stuff.

If anyone from LS is reading this, give the Peabody manager a raise and then send the guy from Long Wharf to work a few days with him.

Visited May 2011

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!